Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all, I am a newbie to this site. My lineage is from the Shinnecock tribe in NY. I now reside in MD, and I attended my first Pow Wow today (July 12th), at the Howard Co Fairgrounds. I enjoyed it and look forward to attending others in the the local area.

I am interested in learning more about my heritage and attending as many Native American events as I possibly can. Drop me a line if you are attending the DC Pow Wow on the 19th.

Tee

Hey Tee,

My boyfriend is Shinnecock and we're out there all the time. Any questions? Do you know you're family name?

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Savageindian
      I am tsimpsian and gitxsan
      by Savageindian
      Hi My name is Charles i live in Tacoma Washington United States of Native-America. My tribes are from southeastern Alaska and Northern British Columbia. http://www.gitxsan.com is about my tribe in Canada. I have not found a website just on tsimpsian. I belong to the Cook Inlet Region Inc. corperation...
      02-10-2004, 01:11 PM
    • MuscogeeFort
      Its been a while
      by MuscogeeFort
      Hello everyone. I am here as sort of a newbie...not new to my culture, but out of whack...its been YEARS since I have really been active in the pow wow community and in my tribal community as well. Growing up, I was surrounded by members of my family who put me through pow wows and various tribal events...
      05-18-2010, 03:07 PM
    • johprukop22
      Greetings from South Texas!
      by johprukop22
      Hello All.

I just joined the forum so I decided to introduce myself. My name is Jo and I am from South Texas. I am Cherokee/Polish (and yes my family has done their research, this native lineage has been confirmed). My family and I have participated in Pow Wows since I was eight years...
      08-14-2011, 08:11 PM
    • gunny
      Honoring Vets
      by gunny
      First I would like to say what a great site. I attend over 40 Pow Wows each year, and I cannot say enough about how the Veterans are honored. There is not another group in this country that honors Vets like the Pow Wows. I served in the USMC 74 to 96. I am a member of the Native American Honor Guard...
      02-25-2004, 11:17 PM
    • theunicornarchive
      The Unicorn in Native American Cultures and Spirituality
      by theunicornarchive
      Greetings. My name is Vakasha Brenman; I am currently working on a book entitled The Magical Mythical Unicorn, which elaborates on historic, mythic, and esoteric information regarding the unicorn's presence across the globe since time immemorial.

My question for the forum is are there...
      12-11-2017, 11:30 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X