Making Drums out of Plastic???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Drums out of Plastic???

I saw a drum on saturday made of a thick piece of sewer pipe. It was covered over with suede buckskin and painted but when you look at it from below you see the black abs.
    What do you think should this be the next faze?
    I hope not the frame of my drum is hand hewn ash!
    I spent weeks getting the frame just right. I put love and care into making it.
    Listen to my heart, not just my mouth! The most powerfull thing we can do is,,,share,,, if we don't it dies with us.

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
    Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.

if its for decoration, i dont care what its made of.

u know those kind u hang from your rearview mirror.
    The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

Sorry no the guy actualy was using it for healing ceremonies at a gathering! I wouldn't use it there, seeing it isn't traditional.
      Listen to my heart, not just my mouth! The most powerfull thing we can do is,,,share,,, if we don't it dies with us.

It is the year of the bear, I am sharpening my claws and will no longer tollerate harrassment.

Born in Winnipeg raised in the Pikwakanagan, Deutschland was never home! Army brat that had no choice in a parents duties to home and country. I Too Serve our flag and work for the uniform.
      Stand behind our troops or stand IN FRONT of them.

Comment

Welcome-I'm new too.Outtie

Comment

Re: Making Drums out of Plastic???

Originally posted by Tibiki Kinew
          I saw a drum on saturday made of a thick piece of sewer pipe. It was covered over with suede buckskin and painted but when you look at it from below you see the black abs.
          What do you think should this be the next faze?
          I hope not the frame of my drum is hand hewn ash!
          I spent weeks getting the frame just right. I put love and care into making it.

Hi Tibiki Kinew!! Hope you like it here!!

Sewer pipe?

Well maybe it's a hidden subconsious message about his singing!!?
          If there ain't soccer in heaven ~ I ain't going!!

Comment

Have to admit that I have also seen such drums. Can't say that i would ever make such a drum since i prefer making drums the traditional way.

Comment

I've often kind of wondered about the use of modern bass drums, too. Saw a few of them around.
              "Friends don't let friends drink decaf..."
              Wakalapi's $49 unlimited phone service www.49deal.com

Comment

That is absolutely INSANE and totally disrespectful. Mine is made from Oak (talk bout difficult to cut through the log) with raw hide top and bottom.

Not only could I not even dream of makin one out of plastic but I have lots of cherokee that would have my behind if I did.

let me resecend that statement. There would really only be one reason I'd make it out of plastic. If I was makin my 2 boy's one to play with. even then, I'd do my darnedest to make it out of wood.

RRE
                Ezaasakwaadek-bkwezhigan ndaa miijin

~Though I wear a shirt and tie
                I'm still part red man deep inside!~
                <Paul Revere and the Raiders>

A very wise old Chief (Archie Mosay) once said to listen carefully when a White man tells you specifically that he won't do this or that, because more often than not he is telling you EXACTLY what he IS about to do.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X