Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interested in learning about Oneida.

Greetings,

My name is Wenona and I am enrolled in the Mohican tribe. However, I am told by a relative that I have some Oneida in me too. I know more about my Mohican heritage and would also like to know more about my Oneida heritage. So far, I was given a Oneida style women's traditional clothes in red and black velvet and ribbon to first learn how to dance until I did make my own dance outfit the following year. I have been to the Oneida pow wow in Wisconsin. I took an Oneida language class. I also was the lead singer to the Oneida Intertribal Singers of Milwaukee. I would like to learn more about Oneida women and pow wows.

If anybody could give me some background on the "Two step" dance I would really appreciate that too. I really love that dance.

Thanks in advance
    Wenona Gardner
    http://www.geocities.com/azurebreeze

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• boborko
    Smoke Dance Help!
    by boborko
    Hello all! I am trying to set up a few classes for an elementary school class about First Canadians (and Americans) I wanted to include song and dance as a part of the lessons and have decided that the Smoke Dance would be a good start. I am having some trouble with a few things and was hoping someone...
    03-31-2010, 05:10 PM
  • SmilingOtter
    Am I able to Dance?
    by SmilingOtter
    Hello,

I am new to this site, and I really would appreciate some answered questions, please.

I'm 50% Siksika, and 50% Irish. With me not being all Native, would/does that prevent me from dancing? I do not know a lot on Pow Wows and my mother (the Native side of me), is...
    09-10-2011, 01:01 PM
  • storm
    Why you chose to straight dance.
    by storm
    I never had much choice. It is what my folks did. That was OK with me. I will say more after hearing some responses.

You young guys out there have so many more choices nowadays. Why straight dance?
    (No fair sayiin your too old or too fat)
    02-03-2004, 08:51 PM
  • Okwataga
    we're slowing down in here
    by Okwataga
    I know most would love to wear buckskin and they have thier own stuff to talk about
    I've noticed a slack in talking to each other in here
    why don't we start with intos - and go from there

I'm single mom, full time work with tribe(EBCI), have two sons, dance southern cloth,...
    05-10-2002, 02:02 PM
  • keeler
    QUestion for Vetrans
    by keeler
    I don't know if this is the right forum for this but none of the others seemed to fit. I am a vetran and have been to combat at least once. I have great pride in my uniform and what it means to the nation as well as to my life. My question is about using parts of my Army uniform in an outfit. I know...
    04-11-2008, 08:30 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X