Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeafElderWoman
    replied
    Welcome to Powwows Forum. Just browse around the forums and check us out here. I hope you enjoy reading and posting here.

Leave a comment:

• Maize-Grower
    replied
    Originally posted by subeeds View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Have fun.
    Thanks. I lurked a few days before I joined. I think I'm gonna like it here.

I want to find a thread where I can practice speaking Cherokee... Is there a thread for that already or should I create one?

Leave a comment:

• subeeds
    replied
    Welcome to the forum. Have fun.

Leave a comment:

• Maize-Grower
    started a topic 'Siyo (Hi)

'Siyo (Hi)

Osiyo (Hello),
    I'm an NGE Eastern Cherokee. My family has lived away from the Land Trust since at least 1921. (Family consensus is that it was to avoid my Gr Grandpa having to go to boarding school.) We have maintained fragments of our ancestors' culture but not much. Other than the oral and written history, there is some degree of language knowledge, the growing of traditional crops, and the making of beadwork (which my maternal grandparents taught me).

I enjoy cooking, gardening, crafts, and country livin'. My most prized recipe is for my family's sweet potato frybread. My second most prized is for Johnny Cakes, which in our family is like a flapjack made of home-grown corn.

Anyways, that's the best intro I could come up with. Hope to get along with everybody.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• HyperAware
    A Little Lost
    by HyperAware
    My name is Anastasia Benson and I'm hoping to learn more about my Native Ancestry from my great grandmother's side of the family and gain a level of connection with that heritage. I'm also hoping to better understand the world from the Native point of view and have hopes of accurately depicting Native...
    05-19-2017, 04:51 PM
  • jorbathehutt
    Massive backlog on Cherokee citizenship applications
    by jorbathehutt
    I just wanted to let everyone know that there is a huge backlog of applications being filed by the Cherokee Nation.
    I was talking to them and they said that there were over 20.000 applications to process! There is currently a 17 to 18 MONTH waiting list.

Are anyone of you filing...
    06-16-2009, 02:55 AM
  • redneckmutt
    hey y'all! :-)
    by redneckmutt
    Hey y'all. I'm new here. I was adopted at an early age. I grew up with my mom's side of the family. They are from Italy. They moved to Florida, then to North Georgia. I met my Father at the age of 27. He was born in Alabama and spent his childhood in North Carolina. He said his father was Cherokee and...
    02-08-2013, 11:21 AM
  • Matsuki101
    Navajo Wedding
    by Matsuki101
    I posted this on Reddit but since there are no responses there, I figured it can't hurt to ask here as well...

My family has lived off the reservation for generations and while I am not a tribal member but I still identify myself most culturally as NA as that's the side of my family I...
    08-22-2013, 12:36 AM
  • CrispytheCityChicken
    Have I "Earned the Right"?
    by CrispytheCityChicken
    Hi, uhm, this is my first post.

Short Version:

I feel like I haven't earned the right to call myself Native yet because I haven't contributed to the community at all and don't have the same kind of struggle darker skinned Natives have.

Long Version:...
    08-02-2021, 02:56 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X