Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for an old friend of mine... a VERY long shot...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for an old friend of mine... a VERY long shot...

I know this is a long shot but I'm looking for an old friend of mine. Haven't been able to contact him since around 1995 and have no idea where to start. His name is John, native, tallish, extensive burn scarring on his face and part of his upper chest and one shoulder. Much like me - cynical, likes to keep to himself and out of the way. Hermit (I'd be honestly surprised if even in this day and age he has an internet connection). Would be more than 70 by now. Atheist in every sense of the word (last time I saw him, but who knows what changes in 20 years?). skeptic and yet - if you know him would have some very strange stories to tell you. Sorry, that's all the way I can describe him since we were in a very strange situation together and didn't exchange a whole lot of identifying details (last names, where from ect.) So I am hoping this strikes a cord with someone - he usually stays in or around the rez which is why I'm posting this here. Please contact me privately if you know him - thank you for your time. Also, sorry if I posted this elsewhere on this forum, I didn't see it show up so I'm not sure if I'm doing things right.

whoa.....

i know him....i just ran into him last week

he said he had a feeling someone was seeking him out

he aged well....still looks good
    "I on the trail of a possible good Indian lady and she is reported to like the old way's and she to believes in big family and being at home with kids all the time"... - MOTOOPI aka WOUNDED BEAR

Comment

Originally posted by milehighsalute View Post
      whoa.....

i know him....i just ran into him last week

he said he had a feeling someone was seeking him out

he aged well....still looks good
      MHS , It is good that you can help this seeker of knowledge.........in that waaaay ! Ha-ho !
      I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
      It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

cmon man......you know john.....the tall guy with the scar that hangs around the rez

dude knows how to PAR-TAY!!!

TOGA!! TOGA!! TOGA!!!
        "I on the trail of a possible good Indian lady and she is reported to like the old way's and she to believes in big family and being at home with kids all the time"... - MOTOOPI aka WOUNDED BEAR

Comment

Yeah , I used to party with him ! He's pretty fun but then he quit drinking and now he's kinda a stick in the mud......You know guys like that !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

If I had a nickel for all the "strange situations" I been in with a girl
            When you are dead you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

"Show me somethin"

Comment

Originally posted by gilisi View Post
              If I had a nickel for all the "strange situations" I been in with a girl
              You're in one now !!! It's called "MARRIAGE"

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Originally posted by wardancer View Post
                You're in one now !!! It's called "MARRIAGE"
                Yeah, and instead of nickels I got KIDS
                When you are dead you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

"Show me somethin"

Comment

what would john say about that?

Comment

"Show me somethin"

Comment

Originally posted by milehighsalute View Post
                      what would john say about that?
                      Hey, next time you see John, you should ask him & let us know what he says.

Wow....this is amazing MHS that you know him!

You know, in my family, we always say what small world the NDN world is.

True story: Years before I was born, there was this one time my uncle snuck down to Chicago for the weekend & didn't tell anyone he was going.

He was spotted at the train station in Chicago by another tribal member. Of course word got around & questions of why was he there, what was he doing, etc. Funny thing...he never said why.

Respectfully, I was thinking to myself, maybe John doesn't want to be found. ????

Comment

well , to be honest , the last time I saw John he was dancin' with this white chick ! When the song was over he came over and told me I could have her cause he hadda go pick up his wife from work. I said " Not me , I'm allergic to white women !" We try to send them all over to Joe'sDad and MHS !
                        Last edited by wardancer; 12-05-2016, 12:35 AM.

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

well , to be honest , the last time I saw John he was dancin' with this white chick ! When the song was over he came over and told me I could have her cause he hadda go pick up his wife from work. I said " Not me , I'm allergic to white women !" We try to send them all over to Joe'sDad and MHS !
                          I have not used a white wOman in a long time!

I did use the name 'John' when I was in Chicago once.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

i knew a dakota cheif named wounded bear who said under no circumstances would he make boom boom with white women

i guess too many of them were lusting after him

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.