Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

I'm a non-native disabled housewife from Texas interested in learning about native culture. I've been to a powwow before and had some fry bread(which was good).Nice to met all of you

Greetings and Welcome to powwows.calm ! Hope you have thick skin and a good sense of humor ! LOL Some of these ndns are tough !
    I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
    It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

thank you, lol. I'm rather shy but kinda laid back.Hopefully I won't say anything stupid.

Comment

Welcome to powwows.com! Glad you decided to join this online community.

Comment

Originally posted by Merrikat50 View Post
          thank you, lol. I'm rather shy but kinda laid back.Hopefully I won't say anything stupid.
          Can't stay here if you can't say something stoopit!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by Joe's Dad View Post
            Can't stay here if you can't say something stoopit!
            lol ok

Comment

I gotta go now.

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Welcome :)
                Make sure to post on the books thread http://www.powwows.com/gathering/showthread.php?t=62514

And look, a Stitch smiley!

Comment

Welcome to pws.com nice to meet you enjoy your stay we are ALL very friendly on here and like to tease so be aware, hehehehehe
                  lisaironmaker

Comment

I was told never to talk to strangers...stranger than me.

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by Joe's Dad View Post
                      I was told never to talk to strangers...stranger than me.
                      Really J'sD , there are no strangers stranger than you !
                      I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
                      It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Originally posted by Merrikat50 View Post
                        I'm a non-native disabled housewife from Texas interested in learning about native culture. I've been to a powwow before and had some fry bread(which was good).Nice to met all of you
                        I've been to a square dance and ate a bologna sandwich (which was good too) Now I'm interested about learning about Texans!
                        Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by WhoMe View Post
                          I've been to a square dance and ate a bologna sandwich (which was good too) Now I'm interested about learning about Texans!
                          You must have gone to a Texas hobbyist's dance hall. Texas Two Step, please. On the coast, between Port Arthur and Port O'Conner, at a fais do-do some Cajun Jitterbug.

Smoked bologna is Oklahoma prime rib, not Texas. Brisket or some good Hill Country sausage, smoked over mesquite, is much more authentic. Or a big ol' pot of boiled Gulf Coast browns with corn and potatoes. And if that bread on the sandwich wasn't thicker than your drawl, well we all know what that means....

Comment

WhoMe, we need to go to Oklahoma and get some of that good Prime Rib!

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by wardancer View Post
                              Really J'sD , there are no strangers stranger than you !
                              Ya got that right.

Welcome to the forums.
                              Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.