Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

Hi Everyone! My name is Nikki and I'm from the Rosebud Sioux Tribe, living in Illinois. Not new to the site but definitely to the forums. Joining because I'm hoping to join the dance floor soon..ish? The dream would be by my tribes wacipi in August but I'm realist and I know likely it will be NEXT season because I'm starting from scratch. As in I have no dance experience and am self teaching so far because I have yet to gain the courage to ask someone to teach me. I will, I promise. Let me work through my anxiety first lol. Honestly, I just feel like it's going to be awkward approaching someone because I'm not young. Turning 29 this June. Is that too old to start, be honest with me! Like I said, I'm a realist. Haha.

(we shall not talk about the regalia aspect yet. my mind is preparing. I bead but I've never beaded anything as big as a yoke...could do applique buuuuut....beads )

Ok, ending the rambling. Have a great day everyone

Welcome. I picked it up3 or 4 years ago. I am 71 years old and mostly a Kentucky mixture with a little native in me. I would just get out there for the intertribals and make every mistake in the book. I pick stuff up on you tube, in books, a lot is on the forum here. Crazy Crow Trading post has been helpful. Watch videos of pow wow dancing. Watch closely at pow wows how the dancers dance. God’s Spirit will guide you.

Comment

Welcome to powwows.com. What style are you going to dance?

Comment

Welcome to pws.com!!
        lisaironmaker

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome

There are tons of youtube videos that you can watch and then practice at home. The best thing to do is start your regalia so you can get into the arena and practice at inter-tribals and really get the feel of it.

Comment

Originally posted by FancyShawlLS View Post
              There are tons of youtube videos that you can watch and then practice at home. The best thing to do is start your regalia so you can get into the arena and practice at inter-tribals and really get the feel of it.
              Ches likes this

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.