Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

hey all! long time reader, figured it was finally time to pop up and say hi. :)

a little about me - Men's Traditional dancer, 10+ years and still learning every day. I'm a "mutt" - mixed, no tribal affiliation. I am a counselor. currently working on my next credential in substance use. bilingual English/American Sign Language.

working on a new set of regalia currently (isn't everyone???). always looking for ideas and guidance.

mostly interested in beadwork (eastern woodlands, southeastern, and florals are my faves) and other regalia crafting - woodworking, fingerweaving, leatherworking, wampum, birchbark, even if I am no good at something I will try to figure it out haha! I love getting feedback, good or bad, on my style and any of my work. like to trade. I also love making stuff for other dancers (hit me up!)

so - how's everyone doing?

Welcome to powwows.com!

Comment

Welcome to powwows.calm ! LOL Kind of a motley crew that's still here , but we try to answer questions if we can ! I gimp around the dance arena sometimes !
      I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
      It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

thanks for the welcome, OLChemist and wardancer!

LOL, happy to meet the motley crew!

Comment

I bead, mostly lane stitch and gourd. I do a little featherwork and a little of this and that. I also do a little silversmithing and jewelry making.

Over in Crafts, we have a nice thread for posting pictures of your finished work.

http://forums.powwows.com/f21/yes-i-...4/index60.html

Comment

I'm a motley.

Welcome to pws.com

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Seems as if I belong to the motley too.
              Welcome.
              Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
              Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
              Show me, and I will understand.
              Involve me, and I will learn.”
              Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
              Courage to change the things I can,
              And wisdom to know the difference.
              Living one day at a time,
              Enjoying one moment at a time,
              Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
              (Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)

Comment

Hello Welcome to pws.com. Enjoy nice to meet you. I belong to Motley too hahahahaha
                lisaironmaker

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.