Hello Everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone!

Hey! Just wanted to say Hello to everyone and let you know little about myself and my wife, CherokeeMeMaw. I've been browsing here for a little while, and have really enjoyed it. Seems to be lots of information and lots of fun going on here. I'm registered cherokee (CNO) and proud of it. My Grandfather, Gr. Grandmother, and Gr. Gr. Grandmother were all original Dawes Enrollees. Sad thing is all that heritage has been lost to me. My father passed away years ago, and my Grandfather (an only child) passed when my Dad was only 10, so there was no one to pass along the traditions and beliefs. I have been reading, studying and researching for several years now and am comfortable with what I know of my culture, though there is always more to learn. I would like to have my heritage to pass along to our daughter and grandson.
    CherokeeMeMaw and I have made several trips to the Tahlequah, OK. area, and really enjoyed the trips.Now I feel a need to go into the circle. I am looking for any help, information, advice, etc. on pow wow dancing, regalia, etc. I have attended lots of pow wows, but the nearest one is a hundred mile drive, so I don't have anyone nearby to talk with about dancing.
    I would also like to just chit chat. As you can tell, I get carried away with writing at times. So for now, Hello to everyone, it's nice to meet you all.
    Cherokeepapa and Memaw

:Wave hi

Trish

Comment

Originally posted by cherokeepapa
      Hey! Just wanted to say Hello to everyone and let you know little about myself and my wife, CherokeeMeMaw. I've been browsing here for a little while, and have really enjoyed it. Seems to be lots of information and lots of fun going on here. I'm registered cherokee (CNO) and proud of it. My Grandfather, Gr. Grandmother, and Gr. Gr. Grandmother were all original Dawes Enrollees. Sad thing is all that heritage has been lost to me. My father passed away years ago, and my Grandfather (an only child) passed when my Dad was only 10, so there was no one to pass along the traditions and beliefs. I have been reading, studying and researching for several years now and am comfortable with what I know of my culture, though there is always more to learn. I would like to have my heritage to pass along to our daughter and grandson.
      CherokeeMeMaw and I have made several trips to the Tahlequah, OK. area, and really enjoyed the trips.Now I feel a need to go into the circle. I am looking for any help, information, advice, etc. on pow wow dancing, regalia, etc. I have attended lots of pow wows, but the nearest one is a hundred mile drive, so I don't have anyone nearby to talk with about dancing.
      I would also like to just chit chat. As you can tell, I get carried away with writing at times. So for now, Hello to everyone, it's nice to meet you all.
      Cherokeepapa and Memaw
      :) Howdie and welcome to the site Cherokeepapa, i hope you enjoy the site, as i am ...
      Inuk*

"A person who works with their hands is a laborer,
      A person who works with their hands & their brain is a craftsman,
      A person who works with their brain & their heart ... is an Artist".
      Join my on my face book fan page:

Comment

Greetings and welcome Cherokeepapa!

Comment

:) hi to you both
          I love that song, let's turn the music up!

Smilies is not my 1st Language

Comment

hey! :hey!:
            Truth is like the sun, you can shut it out for a time, but it ain't going away.

Comment

Yo! Have fun posting and meeting people :D

Comment

Hi and welcome. :Wave

Comment

Hi and welcome to both of you! :hey!:

~ Mist ~
                  :flowers: Stop and smell the flowers

HELP! I'm being stalked by my shadow! :Jumping:

Hyena's laugh because they know what's coming next :1:

Comment

Hi!!!!!!! Welcome!!!!!!!!!!
                    "If dancing were any easier it would be called football."

Anonymous

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X