Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Kids Say About Love Etc...

By 4-8 year old children

A group of professional people posed this question to a group of 4 to 8 year-olds, "What does love mean?" The answers they got were broader and deeper than anyone could have imagined. See what you think:

"When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love." Rebecca - age 8

When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth." Billy - age

"Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other." Karl - age 5

"Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs." Chrissy - age 6

"Love is what makes you smile when you're tired." Terri - age 4

"Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK." Danny - age 7

"Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing, you still want to be together and you talk more. My Mommy and Daddy are like that. They look gross when they kiss." Emily - age 8

"Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen,". Bobby - age 7

"If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate." Nikka - age 6

"Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday." Noelle - age 7

"Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well." Tommy - age 6

"During my piano recital, I was on a stage and I was scared. I looked at all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and smiling. He was the only one doing that. I wasn't scared anymore." Cindy - age 8

"My mommy loves me more than anybody. You don't see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night." Clare - age 6

"Love is when Mommy gives Daddy the best piece of chicken." Elaine-age 5

"Love is when Mommy sees Daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than Robert Redford." Chris - age 7

"Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day." Mary Ann - age 4

"I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones." Lauren - age 4

"When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you." Karen - age 7

"Love is when Mommy sees Daddy on the toilet and she doesn't think it's gross." Mark - age 6

"You really shouldn't say 'I love you' unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget." Jessica - age 8

And the final one -- Author and lecturer Leo Buscaglia once talked about a contest he was asked to judge. The purpose of the contest was to find the most caring child. The winner was a four-year-old child whose next-door neighbor was an elderly gentleman who had recently lost his wife. Upon seeing the man cry, the little boy went into the old gentleman's yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat there. When his Mother asked him what he had said to the neighbor, the little boy said, "Nothing, I just helped him cry."

=================

A woman awakes during the night to find that her husband was not in bed. She puts on her robe and goes downstairs to look for him. She finds him sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee in front of him.

He appears to be in deep thought, just staring at the wall. She watches as he wiped a tear from his eye and takes a sip of his coffee.

"What's the matter, dear?" she whispers as she steps into the room, "Why are you down here at this time of night?".

The husband looks up from his coffee, "Do you remember 20 years ago when we were dating, and you were only 16?" he asks solemnly.

"Yes I do" she replies. The husband paused. The words were not coming easily.

"Do you remember when your father caught us ,?

"Yes, I remember" said the wife, lowering herself into a chair beside him.

The husband continued......

"Do you remember when he shoved the shotgun in my face and said, 'Either you marry my daughter, or I'll send you to jail for 20 years?"

"I remember that too" she replied softly.

He wiped another tear from his cheek and said, "I would have gotten out today".

=================

My wife gets more dirt out of a phone than she can out of a vacuum cleaner!

The spaceship crashed, but the two glowing Martians survived and set out to find a way home. They walked through the forests, through the fields, and finally came into the city. They stopped at an intersection and began to shake and moan at the mere sight of a green light. Suddenly, the light turned from green to yellow, and then to red. Turning to his traveling companion, one Martian said disgustedly, "Let's get out of here. If there's one thing I hate, it's a woman who's a tease."

==================

(Some of you may be wondering about the hierarchy of newspapers in the U.S.)

Who reads what? 1.The Wall Street Journal is read by the people who run the country.

2.The New York Times is read by people who think they run the country. 3.The Washington Post is read by people who think they ought to run the country. 4.USA Today is read by people who think they ought to run the country but don't understand the Washington Post.

5.The Los Angeles Times is read by people who wouldn't mind running the country, if they could spare the time.

6.The Boston Globe is read by people whose parents used to run the country.

7.The New York Daily News is read by people who aren't too sure who's running the country.

8.The New York Post is read by people who don't care who's running the country, as long as they do something scandalous.

9.The San Francisco Chronicle is read by people who aren't sure there is a country, or that anyone is running it. 10.The Miami Herald is read by people who are running another country.

==================

Daily Commandments

Thou shall not worry, for worry is the most unproductive of all human activities. Thou shall not be fearful, for most of the things we fear never come to pass. Thou shall not cross bridges before you come to them, for no one yet has succeeded in accomplishing this. Thou shall face each problem as it comes, you can only handle one at a time anyway. Thou shall not take problems to bed with you, for they make very poor bedfellows. Thou shall not borrow other people's problems. They can better care for them than you can. Thou shall not try to relive yesterday for good or ill, it is forever gone. Concentrate on what is happening in your life and be happy now! Thou shall be a good listener, for only when you listen do you hear different ideas from your own. It is hard to learn something new when you are talking, and some people do know more than you do. Thou shall not become "bogged down" by frustration, for 90 percent of it is rooted in self-pity and will only interfere with positive action. Thou shall count thy blessings, never overlooking the small ones, for a lot of small blessings add up to a big one.

==================

A Blonde was checking the maintenance log in her Owners Manual of her car. Noticing there was only three spaces left to record the mileage and Oil changes. She immediately told her husband, honey we are going to have to buy a new vehicle soon. He asks why and she says because we

only have room to log in 3 more oil changes.

==================

A Little Wisdom

A mirror is only as good as the reflection in it. Worry enough to anticipate trouble but not so much as to bring it about. Look back to where you have been for a clue to where you are going. Melt the icy fingers of fear with the sunshine of hope. Step by gentle step, you can overcome the greatest sorrow. The sweetest grapes are picked from the vineyard of friendship. Find something you truly believe in, and everything else will have meaning as well.

===================

A wealthy couple had planned to go out for the evening. The woman of the house decided to give their butler, Jerves, the rest of the night off. She said they would be home very late, and that he should just enjoy his evening. As it turned out, however, the wife wasn't having a good time at the party, so she came home early, alone. Her husband had to stay with the others since several of his important clients were there. As the woman walked into her house, she saw Jerves sitting by himself in the dining room. She called for him to follow her, and led him into the master bedroom. She then closed and locked the door. She looked at him and smiled. "Jerves," she said, "take off my dress." He did this carefully. "Jerves," she continued, "take off my stockings and garter." He silently obeyed her. "Jerves," she then said, "remove my bra and panties." As he did this, the tension continued to mount. She looked at him and then said, "Jerves, if I ever catch you wearing my clothes again, you're fired!"
    http://www.shannonthunderbird.com/IndGive1.gif

Those were all good.. especially kids on "love".. Also I really liked the man crying about the 20 years...I've heard the last one before but it was still good.... I give you a

Comment

Awww that is so cute, i loved the one with the kids. *tear*
      I am now going to assault your mind with subliminal messages!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X