My Big Fat NDN Wedding-You'll Only Get This If You're NDN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Big Fat NDN Wedding-You'll Only Get This If You're NDN

i got this from a friend of mine - i found it funnny!!!!

Nobody has invitations...only maps.

Family orders the invitations 3 months in advance & mails them out a
    day before...

An average of 12 people attend per invitation. - Indians never RSVP

No one goes to church for the wedding, but everyone goes to the reception.

The first dance as man and wife is usually a Cumbia!

Wedding guests are dressed in their best t-shirts that they got
    free from the latest tribal event.

Most of the wedding gifts are wrapped in blue Wal-Mart bags

All the centerpieces are gone...and the reception has just started.

Everyone's kids are running around like crazy & all you want to do is throw a bottle at them -- and they're usually the bride and groom's kids!

Meal includes kool-aid, beans and fry bread...

People are taking food plates home... "for those backward Indians that didn't come"

Half of the people at the reception have to leave together because they all rode in the back of one big pick-up.

People are carting out huge pieces of cake home...

One of the relatives is drunk and trying to start a fight with the new in-laws......

There are STILL people partying at the Reception the next morning, even though the Band has left.

There is always a strange person passed out in the yard the next morning that neither the bride and groom know or even invited to the wedding.

There's usually the one guy that stays in the car and drinks 'til he has the courage to join the party -- by then he is blitzed and
    obnoxious!

The keg always runs dry within the first hour of the reception.

Not sure what to get the Bride and Groom; they've been shacked up for a while and already have everything!

The cops have to be called because the Bride and groom get drunk and start fighting each other.

Send this to all of those who have a sense of humor and are proud to be Indian!

~ Peace & FryBread Grease!

Bahnisiain

My first husband and I didn't have a reception. Right after the "wedding" we just went down to the river where everyone was already partying and joined in.

This thread should probably say something about "maternity" wedding gowns.
    ...it is what it is...

Comment

lol.. i liked this email tooo..lol
      www.myspace.com/cetanzi

Comment

Originally posted by bahnisiain
        i got this from a friend of mine - i found it funnny!!!!

Nobody has invitations...only maps.

Family orders the invitations 3 months in advance & mails them out a
        day before...

An average of 12 people attend per invitation. - Indians never RSVP

No one goes to church for the wedding, but everyone goes to the reception.

The first dance as man and wife is usually a Cumbia!

Wedding guests are dressed in their best t-shirts that they got
        free from the latest tribal event.

Most of the wedding gifts are wrapped in blue Wal-Mart bags

All the centerpieces are gone...and the reception has just started.

Everyone's kids are running around like crazy & all you want to do is throw a bottle at them -- and they're usually the bride and groom's kids!

Meal includes kool-aid, beans and fry bread...

People are taking food plates home... "for those backward Indians that didn't come"

Half of the people at the reception have to leave together because they all rode in the back of one big pick-up.

People are carting out huge pieces of cake home...

One of the relatives is drunk and trying to start a fight with the new in-laws......

There are STILL people partying at the Reception the next morning, even though the Band has left.

There is always a strange person passed out in the yard the next morning that neither the bride and groom know or even invited to the wedding.

There's usually the one guy that stays in the car and drinks 'til he has the courage to join the party -- by then he is blitzed and
        obnoxious!

The keg always runs dry within the first hour of the reception.

Not sure what to get the Bride and Groom; they've been shacked up for a while and already have everything!

The cops have to be called because the Bride and groom get drunk and start fighting each other.

Send this to all of those who have a sense of humor and are proud to be Indian!

~ Peace & FryBread Grease!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X