Some 401K Humor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some 401K Humor

For those of us that need a smile in the midst of all the economic issues swirling around us:

If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines one year ago, you would have $49.00 today.

If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in AIG one year ago, you would have $33.00 today.

If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Lehman Brothers one year ago, you would have $0.00 today.

But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the aluminum cans for recycling refund, you would have received $214.00.

Based on the above, the best current investment plan is to drink heavily & recycle. It is called the 401-Keg. A recent study found that the average American walks about 900 miles a year. Another study found that Americans drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year. That means that, on average, Americans get about 41 miles to the gallon! Makes you proud to be an American!

Live. Love. Laugh.
    -[]-[]-/\-[]-[]-

America at it's best
    I'm innocent I tell ya!!!

Comment

Wow! blows away all the stuff I took in econmics class. All those college students should be recyclin their cans right
      The trouble with life is there's no background music!!!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Annie Fawn
        Retirement Planning 2008
        by Annie Fawn
        RETIREMENT PLANNING FOR 2008
        If you had purchased $1000.00 of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now
        be worth $49.00.

With Enron, you would have had $16.50 left of the original $1000.00.
        With WorldCom, you would have had less than $5.00 left.
        If you had...
        07-17-2008, 10:06 PM
      • AmigoKumeyaay
        Throwing Away Our $$$
        by AmigoKumeyaay
        http://finance.yahoo.com/news/13-way...way-money.html

13 Ways Americans Throw Away Money

By Jill Krasny, Gus Lubin and Shlomo Sprung | Business Insider – Mon, Oct 1, 2012

Blame the government or blame the economy, but Americans should also...
        01-14-2013, 12:15 PM
      • Nezbah
        GON 2009...anyone goin??
        by Nezbah
        Now with the gas prices down are you still going to go??

Last year, I saw a decline and alot of cancellations due to the gas prices..... so now this year, things have gone down, wonder if attendance will be up?? The Balloon Fiesta and State Fairs saw a huge decline in attendance in 2008...
        01-19-2009, 04:46 PM
      • k9soldier
        Reflections
        by k9soldier
        It has been my responsibilty to write the Christmas letter through the years. I must admit some years have been easier than others. This has been one of those 'other' years.
        As I sit here trying to recall the "highlights" of the year 2009. I realize something about myself, and I'm...
        12-24-2009, 06:01 AM
      • Mato Winyan
        My Thanksgiving anniversary......
        by Mato Winyan
        Those of you that have been around here for awhile know that every year I post on the anniversary of my sobriety. It is on the 24th of November. This year is my 22nd year being clean and sober.

The reason I post this is to honor that fact. While it is not the first and foremost thing...
        11-20-2005, 12:18 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X