Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truths for the Mature

Some things to make you giggle!

1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.

5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

6. Was learning cursive really necessary?

7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

10. Bad decisions make good stories.

11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.

13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.

14. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

15. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.

16. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night, more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.

17. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

18. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

19. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?

20. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!

21 Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.

22. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.

23. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time!

*The first testicular guard, the "Cup," was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that their brain is also important*
    **Touch the fibers of time and will them to be still**

I came in here to read about NDN stuff and I find stuff about old people. Come to find out...it's talking about me!!!

Why didn't you put this in the '49?

Wait, I can't go in there. This is me ---->

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

HUH? That's the scenic route!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AmigoKumeyaay View Post

HUH? That's the scenic route!
        True dat! (but depends on the ghetto)
        sigpic

Comment

Hmmm...yep, sitting at a red light at night can be nervebending.

Some parts of Puerto Rico you can "roll through" red lights after midnight, if the intersection is clear.
          sigpic

Comment

I havn't seen this list in years, not since I left AOL in '06 and all of the chain e-mails that when around with it.
            CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
            sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

Lmao @ #16...
              I'm innocent I tell ya!!!

Comment

I refuse to admit that some of those apply to me! Or a lot anyway.

BUT....I know how to fold a fitted sheet!! (will post video on request...jks)
                ...it is what it is...

Comment

Originally posted by Toolbox View Post
                  I havn't seen this list in years, not since I left AOL in '06 and all of the chain e-mails that when around with it.
                  LOL..yup I got it from someone who still uses AOL so it seems like this is still circulating.
                  **Touch the fibers of time and will them to be still**

Comment

Have any of the other men noticed that only TWO women have responded to this thread, This included th OP!

Surely, we have more than two women on this site.

Perhaps no other women responded to this thread because a) they are not old and it doesn't pertain to them, or b) refer to a.

You are soooo bad, JD

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Hey, I didn't say anything about being old...it says MATURE in the title thread, and I'm striving to be mature!!
                      ...it is what it is...

Comment

Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
                        BUT....I know how to fold a fitted sheet!! (will post video on request...jks)
                        You're not the only one!

Mom made sure we all knew all those things (cook, clean, iron, laundry, etc..)
                        sigpic

Comment

lol good ones :P

I'm there for 13 and 14....
                          sigpic This is how I dance when your standing next to me...

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Dogs of War..."

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.