Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIA Ten Commandments

The BIA Ten Commandments

1. You shall have no other forms of government before me.

2. You shall not make for yourself an independent and self-sufficient government, for I am a jealous bureaucracy and will punish the Indian children for the sins of their fathers to the seventh generation of those who hate me.

3. You shall not misuse my name or my symbols, for I will impale you on my flagpole.

4. Remember the first of each month by keeping it holy. The rest of the month you shall go hungry, but the first day of each month is a tribute to me, and you shall receive welfare checks and commodity food in exchange for your continued dependence.

5. Honor your Indian father and Indian mother because I have stripped them of their land, language, and hearts, and they need your compassion, which is a commodity I do not supply.

6. You shall not murder, but I will bring FBI and CIA agents to your reservations and into your homes, and the most intelligent, vocal, and angriest members of your tribes will vanish quietly.

7. You shall not commit adultery, but I will impregnate your women with illegitimate dreams.

8. You shall not steal back what I have already stolen from you.

9. You shall not give false testimony against any white men, but they will tell lies about you, and I will believe them and convict you.

10. You shall not covet the white man's house. You shall not covet the white man's wife, or his hopes and opportunities, his cars or VCRs, or anything that belongs to the white man.
    ~*~Who is that masked man?~*~

~*~Yes Kemosabe!!~*~

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• kitchemanitou
    Half King to the Moravian Indians
    by kitchemanitou
    Speech of Half-King
    The speech of Half-King to the believing Indians and their teachers, otherwise the Moravian Indians, while he engaged to take them to Canada. "Cousins; ye believing Indians in Gnaden brethren, Schaenfrunn, and Salem, I am much concerned on your account, perceiving that...
    05-14-2005, 06:55 PM
  • kitchemanitou
    Captain Pipe
    by kitchemanitou
    Speech of Captain Pipe
    The Speech of Captain Pipe, or Hopocan, which signifies, in the Indian, tobacco-pipe, before the British commandant, in the council-house at Detroit, whither he was invited to give an account of past transactions -- in his left hand was a short stick to which was fastened...
    05-14-2005, 06:44 PM
  • jwashee
    If your childhood sucked-It's time to stop blaming your Parents!
    by jwashee

Dear Parent Blamer,

Firstly let me say, stop it.

It’s pathetic and pointless. And for the rest of us innocent bystanders… very annoying.

To be completely honest, we’re sick of your whining, your complaining,...
    06-11-2009, 12:01 AM
  • GoggenGH
    Your Elders: wisdom and memory of your past?
    by GoggenGH
    I was reading the article "TALKING WITH ELDERS: An important method of reconnecting with Tribal Community.", and would like to share a couple of words about my feelings. It gives you very good advices in communicating with the Elders.

What do you think? Are you concern about...
    09-14-2010, 06:14 AM
  • morningstar
    Grandmother
    by morningstar
    Awaken by fears
    streaming down my cheeks
    curl up in a ball
    childlike
    rocking in and out
    of flashes of mourning
    a light cracks the silence
    a hand offeren and taken
    into the green of moonlight
    she said to me,
    "Do not be afraid...
    03-10-2007, 02:59 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X