No announcement yet.

1491s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can either think they're funny, or not...

I have a couple favorites, but some are a little too OUT THERE for my funny bone.
    ...it is what it is...

Comment

don't forget slapping medicine man lmao

Comment

i want to see 1491s do a video with some livestock in it...very badly!
        Last edited by Grits & Beans; 01-24-2013, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Last edited by lbgood; 01-23-2013, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Elo Janis View Post
            Kindly asking again what 1491 is all about??
            I did a google seach which returned links for a book called '1491'. What am I missing?
            They're a comedy group, a internet series on Youtube. Don't know if the name has any meaning but they're a hit and miss --more hits albeit-- otherwise just sit back and have a laugh. I know some skits are a demeaning but most comedy skits are, they do sprinkle some awareness in there with the REPRESENT series and every now and then they will voice some concerns of Native issues in the country today.
            "I Ahula Ula"
            Enjoying the ride.
            BETA SIGMA EPSILON

Comment

I really like their Represent series. It can raise awareness to non-natives, without being too serious. It allows people to see many of us as we are today (students parents, coworkers, etc), and dispels some of the stereotypes that all NDNs look the same, wear our regalia 24/7, live in the past, etc.

They did a few videos that weren't well executed and were met with a bit of controversy, but I think they were taken down. Otherwise, I really like a lot of their comedies, and some of their humor rings true. Their Avatar vid reminds me of an exaggeration of a few families I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiyospaye Yazzie View Post
                Come into the circle. Way funny!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/g_fUfWLI1TE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                @7:20 - 7:30 i died, came back to life and died again...

Comment

for
                  Originally posted by AmigoKumeyaay View Post
                  Indian Names For Sale by 1491's
                  <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VfkkWa6L2QU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                  Asema Is Sacred
                  Traditional Use, Not Misuse
                  Wakan Tanka please have compassion on me.
                  OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.

Comment

We discovered Columbus

Originally posted by Elo Janis View Post
                    Kindly asking again what 1491 is all about??
                    I did a google seach which returned links for a book called '1491'. What am I missing?
                    1491 refers to "pre-Columbus"

Comment

The newest video by the 1491s (though they're not in it)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Zvt4Eba_EJM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

In this age of austerity, President Obama trimmed the fat off the inauguration festivities, slimming down from the 10 balls he attended for his first inauguration to the two official galas he attended for his second inauguration.

old news i know but i forgot about this thread lol...1491s made the washington post inaugural ball slideshow haha

Comment

I liked the MC show he can belt like a railroad conductor.
                          Asema Is Sacred
                          Traditional Use, Not Misuse
                          Wakan Tanka please have compassion on me.
                          OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X