2006 Community Awards - Crafter of the Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Community Awards - Crafter of the Year

PowWows.com would like to recognize members that have played an important role on the site this year with the 2006 PowWows.com Community Awards.

Everyday of the year the forums are bustling with questions, advice and debates. PowWows.com is fortunate to have a community full of knowledgeable, friendly and helpful members.

Beginning this year we will recognize some of the best members with our PowWows.com Community Awards.

This poll is for the Community of the Year Awards. Please see this thread for more information:

http://www.powwows.com/gathering/showthread.php?t=35704
    walela49
    51.90%
    BlackBear
    27.85%
    between2worlds
    20.25%

The poll is expired.

New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Voted!

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is
    weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Comment

voted.... tooo! lol... i love to vote!!
      In the spirit of Crazy Horse...

sometimes you have to live life as if what everyone else thinks does not matter, but is still a factor...
      that even though you think you are so lost, you may be found...
      no matter what comes in your life, it will be over come...
      and that the real reason that you live is for love, and finding inner peace...
      live free for what its worth an never let life hold you back from living
      One person can make a difference----lets all of us give it a try.--- john f. Kennedy

other places u can find me...

]htt://www.myspace.com/hawkredfeather630
      www.facebook.com/redfeather630

Comment

hey, can I vote for myself???? Ayyye! jus kiddin!
        sigpic

See my trading post ads
        See my photo gallery
        See walela49's myspace page

Comment

Originally posted by walela49
          hey, can I vote for myself???? Ayyye! jus kiddin!
          Of course you can!!
          New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

voted for my girl walela49, bought a sequin set from her, and waiting for another, she does really nice, quality work.

Comment

I'm not going to vote for myself... heck I don't even know how I got nominated..LOL... but it's hard to choose between the other two. If I vote on this I'll probably just flip a coin to figure it out because B2W and Walela both rock. I think Bum or Beadman shoulda been up there before me though... both of them are working it hard and cranking out the good stuff.
              Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

voted
                www.myspace.com/cetanzi

Comment

Best of luck to all nominees.

Comment

Yeah! go sis!
                    Functionless art is simply tolerated vandalism.

Comment

sigpic

See my trading post ads
                      See my photo gallery
                      See walela49's myspace page

Comment

voted

Comment

no nativebabydoll???:O im shocked lol

theres always 2009

Comment

voted!!!
                            www.myspace.com/southernx_hunnie2k5
                            ~~~~~~~**^^**<<+>>**^^**~~~~~~~
                            Roses are Red
                            Violets der really blue
                            Southern Xtreme ur much sweeter than mutton stew

You asked me whose life was more important- yours or mine and I answered "mine" ; you walked away angry not knowing that you are my life

I MY STONEY CREEK BOYZ

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbear
                              I'm not going to vote for myself... heck I don't even know how I got nominated..LOL... but it's hard to choose between the other two. If I vote on this I'll probably just flip a coin to figure it out because B2W and Walela both rock. I think Bum or Beadman shoulda been up there before me though... both of them are working it hard and cranking out the good stuff.
                              I understand that feeling BlackBear - "Crafter of the Year" is a BIG category. I would think it would cover stuff like making bustles and roaches as well as beading and clothwork. Maybe even bring in some of the "other crafts" like flute making, basketry or (our favorite topic) FOOD.

For those of you who don't know me yet - I'm Patrick AKA B2W AKA between2worlds AKA The Mad Budgie. Lot's of AKA's there

I'm strictly an amatuer on all the things that I do. I define someone who sells what they make as a professional and I haven't sold anything that I've made so I'm definitely NOT a professional. I have given away hordes of stuff - for me the reward comes from the making of things and helping other people out.

Crafts that I do include beading (mostly double needle applique, although I do some loom work too), basketry (split black ash and coiled grass - right now I'm messing around with pine needles as a basket making material), sewing (by hand - I make my own patterns and can do enough embroidery to finish the edges of cloth applique) and cooking.

My favorite cooking is making food whose ingrediants come from forest and field. It is the cooking I learned from my Gramma and Grampa when we lived out in the middle of nowhere. I've put some of that sort of thing into writing here on the forums - like how to make acorn flour or all the food that you can make from different parts of cattails in different seasons.

My interest in plants has allowed me to hook some pw.commers up with collectors of various kinds of seeds and other plant materials that can be used in making outfits.

Bum or Beadman shoulda been included too, I think. Blackbear does some awesome beadwork and walela makes purty sequin sets. Not an easy decision - who to vote for so I'll just say this: VOTE!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X