Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spottedeagle
    replied
    Man I musta missed out on this somehow!!!! All three of you are incredible craftpeople!!!

Leave a comment:

• Eagle Plumes
    replied
    Originally posted by walela49 View Post
    hey, where's my snazzy new banner thingy??? did it already expire, or did t just disappear with the new website upgrade?...I'm bummed...I wuz proud of that!!!
    Or he's tring to tell us something lol I tease

Leave a comment:

• Paul G
    replied
    hey, where's my snazzy new banner thingy??? did it already expire, or did t just disappear with the new website upgrade?...I'm bummed...I wuz proud of that!!!
    They went missing a few months ago when I screwed something up.

I have it on my list to get it back, but had to get through this recent update first.

Leave a comment:

• walela49
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Foxmoon
    replied
    thanks to everyone who voted!!!!!!!!

<--- check out muh snazzy new banner thingy! lol
    Awesome great job

Leave a comment:

• ~~Cheyenne~~
    replied
    congrats raegan, you deserve it, your work is awesome

Leave a comment:

• walela49
    replied
    thanks to everyone who voted!!!!!!!!

<--- check out muh snazzy new banner thingy! lol

Leave a comment:

• Foxmoon
    replied
    Way to go yall!

Leave a comment:

• Traditonal Lady
    replied
    Voted !!

I have a beautiful sequin set that just so happened to match my new regalia from you that my daughter bought me for Christmas. We also have 3 single plumes and one double plume that you made. You do an awesome job! I can tell you put love into it too. I have encouraged some new dancers to buy your plumes. You have both of our votes, sister.

Leave a comment:

• tainee
    replied
    I voted

Leave a comment:

• skalucero
    replied
    I voted!

I just voted for one of my favorite sister!

Leave a comment:

• between2worlds
    replied
    Originally posted by Blackbear
    I'm not going to vote for myself... heck I don't even know how I got nominated..LOL... but it's hard to choose between the other two. If I vote on this I'll probably just flip a coin to figure it out because B2W and Walela both rock. I think Bum or Beadman shoulda been up there before me though... both of them are working it hard and cranking out the good stuff.
    I understand that feeling BlackBear - "Crafter of the Year" is a BIG category. I would think it would cover stuff like making bustles and roaches as well as beading and clothwork. Maybe even bring in some of the "other crafts" like flute making, basketry or (our favorite topic) FOOD.

For those of you who don't know me yet - I'm Patrick AKA B2W AKA between2worlds AKA The Mad Budgie. Lot's of AKA's there

I'm strictly an amatuer on all the things that I do. I define someone who sells what they make as a professional and I haven't sold anything that I've made so I'm definitely NOT a professional. I have given away hordes of stuff - for me the reward comes from the making of things and helping other people out.

Crafts that I do include beading (mostly double needle applique, although I do some loom work too), basketry (split black ash and coiled grass - right now I'm messing around with pine needles as a basket making material), sewing (by hand - I make my own patterns and can do enough embroidery to finish the edges of cloth applique) and cooking.

My favorite cooking is making food whose ingrediants come from forest and field. It is the cooking I learned from my Gramma and Grampa when we lived out in the middle of nowhere. I've put some of that sort of thing into writing here on the forums - like how to make acorn flour or all the food that you can make from different parts of cattails in different seasons.

My interest in plants has allowed me to hook some pw.commers up with collectors of various kinds of seeds and other plant materials that can be used in making outfits.

Bum or Beadman shoulda been included too, I think. Blackbear does some awesome beadwork and walela makes purty sequin sets. Not an easy decision - who to vote for so I'll just say this: VOTE!

Leave a comment:

• southernx_hunnie08
    replied
    voted!!!

Leave a comment:

• NativeBabyDoll
    replied
    no nativebabydoll???:O im shocked lol

theres always 2009

Leave a comment:

• Micki
    replied
    voted

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X