Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009 PowWows.com Princess Nomination - Dancing~Frog13

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2009 PowWows.com Princess Nomination - Dancing~Frog13

    Dancing~Frog13 is running for PowWows.com Princess.

    Please post any questions or comments you have for her in this thread.

    Voting for the Princess Contest will begin January 1, 2009.

    To read more about the contest, please visit:
    http://www.powwows.com/gathering/pow...minations.html
    New to the site--Introduce Yourself

    Find a Pow Wow Near You!

  • #2
    Thanks for entering our princess contest! We are excited to have another batch of great entries this year.

    You've been a member of the site for quite some time, but only have a few posts. One of the responsibilities for the princess it to welcome new members and help them find their way on the site. With you having less than 20 posts will you be able to fulfill this duty?

    In a typical year, what pow wows to you attend?
    New to the site--Introduce Yourself

    Find a Pow Wow Near You!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Paul G View Post
      Thanks for entering our princess contest! We are excited to have another batch of great entries this year.

      You've been a member of the site for quite some time, but only have a few posts. One of the responsibilities for the princess it to welcome new members and help them find their way on the site. With you having less than 20 posts will you be able to fulfill this duty?

      In a typical year, what pow wows to you attend?

      Hey there,

      One of the main reasons I haven't posted a lot is because I haven't been able to. My schedule is a bit clearer now however and I plan on getting on here more often.

      I am very sure that I will be able to fulfill that duty.


      It varies from year to year, what pow wows I go to. This year has been kind of slow due to the gas prices but in a typical year, I attend,
      The Red Eagle Lodge's pow wow in Floral City, FL.
      The North Bay Clan Creek Indian Tribe's two pow wows, in May and November in Southport, FL
      The Eagle Eye Clan's pow wow in Altha, FL
      The Chattahoochee, FL pow wow.
      The Sopchoppy Intertribal pow wow in Sopchoppy, FL
      The First People's Celebration in Dothan, AL
      The Napier Field pow wow in Napier Field, AL
      The Ma Chis pow wow in New Brockton, AL
      The Floridatown Pow Wow in Pace, FL
      I also plan on Cherokee of Georgia's 2 pow wows out of the year being a regular pow wow I go to as well.
      And there are sometimes more I attend, it just all depends on schedule, how far they are and how high the gas prices are.


      ~Brandi :-)
      "Believe Your Voice Can Mean Something"
      www.TWLOHA.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Can you please post a pic in your outfit?
        ...it is what it is...

        Comment


        • #5
          Congratulations on your princess nomination. What are your plans with regards to education?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
            Can you please post a pic in your outfit?
            I don't have a lot of recent pictures. Lack of camera :-(
            I wasn't sure if you wanted a picture of me in my Jingle dress or my Fancy Shawl so..I posted one of both.
            I'm sorry if their not that good, but right now they are two of the better ones.

            Happy New Year!




            ~Brandi :-)
            Attached Files
            "Believe Your Voice Can Mean Something"
            www.TWLOHA.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 1KIOWA View Post
              Congratulations on your princess nomination. What are your plans with regards to education?
              Thank you.

              As long as things keep going as they are, I will have my high school diploma sometime next year. I am not 100% sure but I am considaring going to college for computer technology.
              But as I said, I am not certian if that's what I want to do, but whether I do that or not I do want to go to college.


              Happy New Year!

              ~Brandi :-)
              "Believe Your Voice Can Mean Something"
              www.TWLOHA.com

              Comment


              • #8
                Brandi,

                Thanks for your quick reply. Once again, congratulations on your princess nomination and good luck with the pursuit of your high school diploma. See you on the powwow trail... Earl

                Comment


                • #9
                  Beautiful pics! It's so nice to put a face with a name...screen name anyway.

                  Congrats and good luck! And taking computers in college is a good idea...can lead to many different careers.

                  Happy New Year!
                  ...it is what it is...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    wow the best dimples!

                    good luck!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Brandi, you absolutely float when you dance in the circle. You dance fancy shawl and jingle with pride and honor.

                      I want everyone that is voting to know that Brandi is one of the most respected junior dancers in the southeast. Her smile is infectious! She carries herself with beauty,grace and humbleness and I know she would be a wonderful PowWows.com princess!

                      We love you!
                      Sandy

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Before I vote, I'd like to know who I'm voting for. Since you have not made many posts in the discussion forums, I do not know what your views are on certain aspects.

                        Can you tell us more about yourself, tribal affiliations, aspirations? What makes you a great candidate?

                        Thank you and good luck!
                        Bead All You Can Bead

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ac_miss View Post
                          Before I vote, I'd like to know who I'm voting for. Since you have not made many posts in the discussion forums, I do not know what your views are on certain aspects.

                          Can you tell us more about yourself, tribal affiliations, aspirations? What makes you a great candidate?

                          Thank you and good luck!


                          I'm 16 (I will be 17 in August). I am Cherokee and Muskogee Creek and I belong to the Muskogee East of The Mississippi Village of The Descendants. My family is the most important thing in my life, and I put nothing before them.
                          I am also very passionate about education and not just in school, I believe the younger ones need to learn as much as they can (This includes myself, I try to learn more and more everyday) if we don't teach, our culture will be lost.

                          As for my aspirations, I want to finish my education and I want to be able to support myself after I turn 18. I want to continue to learn and eventually be able to pass my knowledge on to future generations.

                          What makes me a great canidate?
                          The main reason I decided to run for PowWows.com Princess is because ever since I heard about the website I thought it was great and even though I haven't posted a lot on the forums, I'm constantly on here whenever I can be. I have talked to so many interesting people that I probably never would of talked to any other way and I think that's a great thing, how this website can connect people.
                          I know that being crowned a princess for anywhere is an honor, I have been a princess before and I know you should represent whomever your representing (In this case, PowWows.com) with honor and pride and that's what I would do if I got chosen for princess.

                          If you have any more questions, just ask.

                          ~Brandi :-)
                          "Believe Your Voice Can Mean Something"
                          www.TWLOHA.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by 1KIOWA View Post
                            Brandi,

                            Thanks for your quick reply. Once again, congratulations on your princess nomination and good luck with the pursuit of your high school diploma. See you on the powwow trail... Earl

                            Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
                            Beautiful pics! It's so nice to put a face with a name...screen name anyway.

                            Congrats and good luck! And taking computers in college is a good idea...can lead to many different careers.

                            Happy New Year!
                            Originally posted by Tom Clinton View Post
                            good luck!
                            Originally posted by WhiteSageWoman View Post
                            Brandi, you absolutely float when you dance in the circle. You dance fancy shawl and jingle with pride and honor.

                            I want everyone that is voting to know that Brandi is one of the most respected junior dancers in the southeast. Her smile is infectious! She carries herself with beauty,grace and humbleness and I know she would be a wonderful PowWows.com princess!

                            We love you!
                            Sandy

                            I want to thank everyone for the questions and the kind words :-)
                            I hope everyone had a happy new year and I hope the rest of your year is filled with happiness.

                            Once again, thank you.
                            see you on the trail...
                            ~Brandi :-)
                            "Believe Your Voice Can Mean Something"
                            www.TWLOHA.com

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Let's start with an easy one first! ;)

                              When and why did your start powwow dancing?
                              Why did you choose the particular dance style(s) you dance?
                              ~*The only thing we know for sure is that we believe.*~

                              Comment

                              Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

                              Loading...

                              Trending

                              Collapse

                              There are no results that meet this criteria.

                              Sidebar Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X