X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • colonah04
    *~the REAL me~*
    • Aug 2004

PISTONS 102 ... LAKERS 93 37-5!!!!!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!

This one wasn't as close as the score indicates...think the PISTONS fell asleep trying to keep energy against these stiffs...Geez...Kwame Brown....7' tall, athletic....and a NON-player....2 pts...and 5 rebs......for a guy that size?? umm maybe that's why Washington didn't keep him??? could be he shoulda gone to college and worked on actually having game.
    Kobe shot the ball pretty well....and made some really tough Js with guys on him....and earned most of his 39 pts...but the way fouls are being called...he may score 150 some day against a weaker team....you give him a dirty look..and he heads to the free throw line...the NBA and media are determined to try to make him in to the next Michael Jordan...and one man 'showtime' but who really wants to see a guy get a bunch of pts...in what amounts to meaning less garbage time? HEY DAVID STERN/MEDIA why not start an all KOBE TV channel w/ all 24 hrs of nothing but KOBE/KOBE/KOBE......and get it over with....the guy is a good player....but not THAT damned good....and this just in.....IT'S A TEAM!!!! SPORT!!!!!!
    Oh well.....LA is always the media dumplings...so no real news there...but it's starting to border on a cult worship status.....what the hell will happen if they ever do get to the championship level....
    And how about Ron 'cool and level headed' Artest....how long before he blows up again in Sacramento...?? any bets?? shame, because he has game..defense and offense...and could be the marquee player he wants to be IF he'd shut up and play....
    So at about the 1/2 way point it shapes up as Detroit/San Antonio/Dallas/Phoenix...and then down a notch to Miami...the east looks to have only 1 beast..if things stay this way....
    well stay tuned hoopsters.....

Comment

• colonah04
      *~the REAL me~*
      • Aug 2004

Ok Hoopsters....i Saw Miami Defeat The Pistons...kudos To D Wade....that Performance Was More Impressive Than Kobe's 81 Pts...dwade Did It W/ The Game On The Line..and Against A Pretty Fair Defensive Team To Boot...how In The Hell Did He Wind Up At Marquette???
      But With An Allstar Performance By Dwade...they Still Only Won By 2 On A Last Couple Seconds Shot...
      Detroit/san Antonio And Dallas/phoenix Still Look Tops To Me...and Detroit San Antonio Will Go At It Again In The Championship...barring Injuries.
      How About Ben Wallce Trying To Play One On One Against Shaq?? Looked Like The Best Of The World Wrestling Shows...but When It Counts...shaq Can't Get Back On Defense..and If Teams Push The Ball..he's A Lot Less Effective...he's Murder In The Low Post When Set Up Tho...puts Those Huge Hips On Ya....you Fly Away, And He Does A Dunk...
      And San Antonio Is So Much Better When Manu Is Healthy..he's One Of The Best Wing Men In The Game Today.....
      Well Almost All Star Time...should Be Interesting

Comment

• Ndnsoldierboy
        It is useless to resist.
        • Oct 2004

Well, it looks like the Chicago Bulls will face the Motown Pistons in the playoffs. I don't expect my Bulls to get far, but at least they made in.. Mebbe and upset in the making....right?! Not likely...*LMAO* I think the Pistons will win the championship against the Spurs. I'll say in 6.
        sigpic
        R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

• Joe G
          *~the REAL me~*
          • Aug 2004

Inside The Nba Playoff Edition

OK Hoopsters, the playoffs are set, and Here's how I see the first round going, and why...

Eastern Conference

(1)DETROIT vs. (8)Chicago
          Regular season series: (Detroit won 4-0)
          Kudos to the Bulls for making the playoffs! as far as this series, anybody seen Michael and Scotty? The Bulls will win one game, and play a scrappy, physical type of game, but this matchup is like a Ferrari vs. a '53 Plymouth at Indianapolis!

(2)MIAMI vs. (7)Milwaukee
          (Miami won 3-1)
          The Heat will win this one, but it won't be easy. Their bench, with all those guys named Jones, is gone....and Shaq/Alonzo are getting old, but D. Wade will not let them lose this series....and he's become one of the top 5 in the game today...but Michael Redd is pretty damned good too. Figure the HEAT in 6

(3)NEW JERSEY vs. (6)Indiana
          (Indiana won 2-1)
          Since New Jersey's been hot lately, this looks like a mismatch. But Indiana has a tendency to play scrappy, and not give up. And Jason Kidd only seems to be able to shoot against Detroit, but with him, Vince, and Jefferson, they have more overall talent than Indiana (less Artest). But if Peja can shoot well, and Jermaine O'Neal controls the boards, this one will be an upset, but I see New Jersey in 6 or 7.

(4)CLEVELAND vs. (5)Washington
          (Washington won 3-1)
          LeBron will be (obviously) the dominant player in this one....and Gilbert Arenas will shoot more than Bonnie and Clyde Barrow, but it won't be enough. Cleveland is the better overall team....but does lack playoff experience. Cleveland in 6

WESTERN CONFERENCE
          (1)SAN ANTONIO vs. (8)Sacramento
          (San Antonio won 2-1)
          San Antonio is a funny team to watch...nobody appears to be playing all that well, but they very seldom lose! Why? best defense in the West, and nice inside/outside game with Duncan and Ginobili/Parker/Horry/etc...and they added Finley too, who will play BETTER in the playoffs.....SA in 4

(2)PHOENIX vs. (7)Los Angeles
          (Phoenix won 3-1)
          Hmm Kobe vs. the world....sorry media center darling, it isn't enough to beat the Suns, a much better overall team. And though I haven't heard his name as an MVP candidate, Shawn Marion has stepped up BIG time in the absence of Amare. Nash will control this one...though a weak defender, the boys got skills...the Lakers need to add 2 or 3 REAL NBA type players....or Bryant should sue for non support....SUNS in 5

(3)DENVER vs. (6)Los Angeles
          (Los Angeles won 3-1)
          Hmm Carmelo vs. Elton Brand.....(hey Bulls..where would you be w/ him??) This shakes out as scoring vs. rebounding and defense...and I see the Clippers winning in 6 ...UPSET special.

(4)DALLAS vs. (5)Memphis
          (Dallas won 3-1)
          Even though Nowitzke is a GREAT scorer, he's WAY too soft for a 7 footer..and can be knocked off his game with physical play...and when things go bad, he has a tendency to blame teammates (always good for morale) but other than Gasol, the Grizzlies should mostly be in the CBA...so Dallas, with GREAT coaching by Avery Johnson (hey Mavs..there's this phase of the game called defense..and he has them playing it) will prevail in 4 or 5 .

I will update and make predictions as the playoffs go on....but overall, it's DEJA VU BABY!!!! w/ the Pistons and the Spurs emerging again....but THIS time (referees allowing people to at least look at Parker/Ginobili w/o fouls) Detroit will win in 6....if called closely by the zebras, Detroit will win in 7....
          Home Court advantage is no joke this time of year....

Comment

• Ndnsoldierboy
            It is useless to resist.
            • Oct 2004

And now the Bulls might be in the 5th seed? How did that happen?

GO BULLS!
            sigpic
            R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

• Furiously-Fancy
              PowWows.com Addicts
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Joe G
              Ok Hoopsters....i Saw Miami Defeat The Pistons...kudos To D Wade....that Performance Was More Impressive Than Kobe's 81 Pts...dwade Did It W/ The Game On The Line..and Against A Pretty Fair Defensive Team To Boot...how In The Hell Did He Wind Up At Marquette???
              But With An Allstar Performance By Dwade...they Still Only Won By 2 On A Last Couple Seconds Shot...
              Detroit/san Antonio And Dallas/phoenix Still Look Tops To Me...and Detroit San Antonio Will Go At It Again In The Championship...barring Injuries.
              How About Ben Wallce Trying To Play One On One Against Shaq?? Looked Like The Best Of The World Wrestling Shows...but When It Counts...shaq Can't Get Back On Defense..and If Teams Push The Ball..he's A Lot Less Effective...he's Murder In The Low Post When Set Up Tho...puts Those Huge Hips On Ya....you Fly Away, And He Does A Dunk...
              And San Antonio Is So Much Better When Manu Is Healthy..he's One Of The Best Wing Men In The Game Today.....
              Well Almost All Star Time...should Be Interesting
              CON-WADE didn't really flourish until he reached the NBA.......y do u suppose that is? Can't wait 2 c the Pistons and the SUNS play 4 the world championship!!
              "I'd rather be @ a POW-WOW!"

Comment

• Joe's Dad
                The voices tell me...
                • Nov 2004

Lakers win the Championship!!!

Juss dreamin!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

• Ndnsoldierboy
                  It is useless to resist.
                  • Oct 2004

your really funny there JD. As we all know the Chicago Bulls win put up championship banner # 7 in the rafters of the United Center on the southside of Chicago.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Joe G
                    *~the REAL me~*
                    • Aug 2004

FINAL NBA PLAYOFF SERIES PREDICTIONS& JIVE TALK

OK Hoopsters, the playoffs are NOW set, and Here's how I see the first round going, and why...

Eastern Conference

(1)DETROIT vs. (8) Milwaukee
                    Nice job, BUCKS choking away a fifth seed and winding up 8th...this isn't like cross country...where low score wins!
                    Mike Redd is for real and will score...but this matchup is like like Green Berets against boy scouts...Detroit will win easily...4-0 or at worst 4-1.....

(2)MIAMI vs. (7)Chicago
                    The Heat will win this one, but it won't be easy. Their bench, with all those guys named Jones, is gone....and Shaq/Alonzo are getting old, but D. Wade will not let them lose this series....and he's become one of the top 5 in the game today...BUT the BULLS are hot, and are a good perimeter shooting team, which MIAMI has trouble defending against..and that's the BULLS Game.. Figure the HEAT in 6....and a LOT closer than many expect. If Shaq is hurt, the BULLS could win in 6 or 7..

(3)NEW JERSEY vs. (6) Indiana
                    (Indiana won 2-1)
                    Since New Jersey's been hot lately, this looks like a mismatch. But Indiana has a tendency to play scrappy, and not give up. And Jason Kidd only seems to be able to shoot against Detroit, but with him, Vince, and Jefferson, they have more overall talent than Indiana (less Artest). But if Peja can shoot well, and Jermaine O'Neal controls the boards, this one will be an upset, but I see New Jersey in 6 or 7.

(Washington won 3-1)
                    LeBron will be (obviously) the dominant player in this one....and Gilbert Arenas will shoot more than Bonnie and Clyde Barrow, but it won't be enough. Cleveland is the better overall team....but does lack playoff experience. Cleveland in 5 or 6

WESTERN CONFERENCE
                    (San Antonio won 2-1)
                    San Antonio is a funny team to watch...nobody appears to be playing all that well, but they very seldom lose! Why? best defense in the West, and nice inside/outside game with Duncan and Ginobili/Parker/Horry/etc...and they added Finley too, who will play BETTER in the playoffs.....SA in 4 the KINGS are really court jesters...against SA.

(Phoenix won 3-1)
                    Hmm Kobe vs. the world....sorry media center darling, it isn't enough to beat the Suns, a much better overall team. And though I haven't heard his name as an MVP candidate, Shawn Marion has stepped up BIG time in the absence of Amare. Nash will control this one...though a weak defender, the boys got skills...the Lakers need to add 2 or 3 REAL NBA type players....or Bryant should sue for non support....SUNS in 5

(Los Angeles won 3-1)
                    Hmm Carmelo vs. Elton Brand.....(hey Bulls..where would you be w/ him??) This shakes out as scoring vs. rebounding and defense...and I see the Clippers winning in 6 ...UPSET special.

(4)DALLAS vs. (5)Memphis
                    (Dallas won 3-1)
                    Even though Nowitzke is a GREAT scorer, he's WAY too soft for a 7 footer..and can be knocked off his game with physical play...and when things go bad, he has a tendency to blame teammates (always good for morale) but other than Gasol, the Grizzlies should mostly be in the CBA...so Dallas, with GREAT coaching by Avery Johnson (hey Mavs..there's this phase of the game called defense..and he has them playing it) will prevail in 4 or 5 .

I will update and make predictions as the playoffs go on....but overall, it's DEJA VU BABY!!!! w/ the Pistons and the Spurs emerging again....but THIS time (referees allowing people to at least look at Parker/Ginobili w/o fouls) Detroit will win in 6....if called closely by the zebras, Detroit will win in 7....

Comment

• DANTS
                      Junior Dancer
                      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Joe's Dad
                      Lakers win the Championship!!!

Juss dreamin!

HAAAAAAA!HA!HA!
                      "DANTS in beauty!"

Comment

• Ndnsoldierboy
                        It is useless to resist.
                        • Oct 2004

So the Bulls will play Miami...GO BULLS!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Joe G
                          *~the REAL me~*
                          • Aug 2004

If you get time NDNsoldierboy....www.nba.com has a lot of good write ups about the playoffs too.....

Comment

• Ndnsoldierboy
                            It is useless to resist.
                            • Oct 2004

If you get time NDNsoldierboy....www.nba.com has a lot of good write ups about the playoffs too.....
                            KOOL...gonna check it out. We got tv here but our work hours prevent us from watching any games. Unless your some rear echelon office pogue, or FOBBIT. Thats the new word for the rear echelon pukes here in Iraq.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Joe G
                              *~the REAL me~*
                              • Aug 2004

One Game Down.....and Jive So Far

Eastern Conference

(1)DETROIT vs. (8) Milwaukee
                              Nice job, BUCKS choking away a fifth seed and winding up 8th...this isn't like cross country...where low score wins!
                              Mike Redd is for real and will score...but this matchup is like like Green Berets against boy scouts...Detroit will win easily...4-0 or at worst 4-1.....
                              Game one shows the value of team defense...Detroit 92...Bucks 74....Hey Bogut....where the hell did you get those thigh length black socks??? Rasheed shows why he's the unguardable player agianst these guys....inside/outside combo too much..and Michael Redd.....better show more or you'll wind up with your pic on milk cartons!!

(2)MIAMI vs. (7)Chicago
                              The Heat will win this one, but it won't be easy. Their bench, with all those guys named Jones, is gone....and Shaq/Alonzo are getting old, but D. Wade will not let them lose this series....and he's become one of the top 5 in the game today...BUT the BULLS are hot, and are a good perimeter shooting team, which MIAMI has trouble defending against..and that's the BULLS Game.. Figure the HEAT in 6....and a LOT closer than many expect. If Shaq is hurt, the BULLS could win in 6 or 7..

Heat 111, Bulls 106....getting nervous Miami fans? you won game one...but as predicted it was FAR from easy...and with a few breaks the Bulls could have won....their hustle and young legs will pay off with a long series here...

(3)NEW JERSEY vs. (6) Indiana
                              (Indiana won 2-1)

Indiana 90.....New Jersey 88.....so Vince Carter takes shooting lessons from that notorious bricklayer Jason Kidd.....Pacers NEVER make things easy on anybody...and could take this series...if another scorer beyond J O'Neal surfaces...Rick Carlisle has gone thru HELL this year, w/ Artest, etc....and should get some thought on coach of the year..but not enough wins

(Washington won 3-1)
                              LeBron will be (obviously) the dominant player in this one....and Gilbert Arenas will shoot more than Bonnie and Clyde Barrow, but it won't be enough. Cleveland is the better overall team....but does lack playoff experience. Cleveland in 5 or 6

Cavs 97..Wiz 86.....Hmmm did I call this one? LOL....LeBron Dominated!!! he may wind up the next Michael Jordan...and actuallyhas MORE skills at an earlier age then even MJ did.....if he stays healthy and hard working, he will re-write the record books in the NBA...

WESTERN CONFERENCE
                              (San Antonio won 2-1)
                              San Antonio is a funny team to watch...nobody appears to be playing all that well, but they very seldom lose! Why? best defense in the West, and nice inside/outside game with Duncan and Ginobili/Parker/Horry/etc...and they added Finley too, who will play BETTER in the playoffs.....SA in 4 the KINGS are really court jesters...against SA.

Total domination as expected 122-88 boring after about 5 minutes...put a fork in the Kings they're outta here....

(Phoenix won 3-1)

Hmmm Suns played only fair...and still won 107-102...and surprise...everybody else on LA played better than expected...except superman!!! Kobe will shoot a LOT more....now, but it won't help...the Lakers are history...imagine some people preeicted they'd make the finals! even the USA today newspaper!!! jeezus some journalists!

(Clippers 89...Nuggets 87...Hmm Carmelo vs. Elton Brand.....(hey Bulls..where would you be w/ him??) This shakes out as scoring vs. rebounding and defense...and I see the Clippers winning in 6 ...UPSET special.

One down and three to go....Carmelo and crew will win one or two..but WILL lose this series....to the superior defense and rebounding team

(4)DALLAS vs. (5)Memphis
                              (Dallas won 3-1)

This one's still going on....but looks like a Mavs win...but both teams look REAL sloppy....and Pau Gasol is missing in action..but Dallas will win even if Mark Cuban has to suit up

Comment

• Ndnsoldierboy
                                It is useless to resist.
                                • Oct 2004

I was happy the Lakers got beat. I can't stand Kobe. Never have, never will.

The Bulls will come back next game.
                                sigpic

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.