Sumo

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BCS Championship

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BCS Championship

    BCS Championship
    New to the site--Introduce Yourself

    Find a Pow Wow Near You!

  • #2
    I see that you Okies have been placing bets on Oklahoma.

    You'll see tomorrow how tough the SEC really is!
    New to the site--Introduce Yourself

    Find a Pow Wow Near You!

    Comment


    • #3
      Like I said yesterday....I hope the camera doesn't show them poor Gator boys crying after OU crushes their dream tonight. Well ok....maybe I kinda do hope they show it.....lmao
      "To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Augustine

      Comment


      • #4
        Two words summ up what I am thinking right now




        Boomer Sooner
        ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
        Till I Die!

        Comment


        • #5
          isn't it funny how they think OU is going to win???......when historically, they choked and lost the past 2 years to teams they thought were inferior......(Boise State and West Virginia)......and the funniest thing is they are going to actually play a team that has a defense!!!.....LOL!!!!.....Heisman don't mean nothing if you don't win!!!!....LOL!!!!...JK!!!!.....
          sigpic

          ...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

          Comment


          • #6



            Boomer Sooner! :)



            Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......


            Comment


            • #7
              Well, if you want to compare records...

              OU Bowl Record: 24 wins, 16 losses, 1 tie (0.585)

              Florida Bowl Record: 16 wins, 19 losses (0.457)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by NorthofAda View Post
                Well, if you want to compare records...

                OU Bowl Record: 24 wins, 16 losses, 1 tie (0.585)

                Florida Bowl Record: 16 wins, 19 losses (0.457)
                That means nothing! Too far back to be a meaningful comparison.


                Look at what the SEC has done in recent years. Every year people say that the SEC team doesn't have a chance.

                2003 LSU vs Oklahoma - LSU wins!
                2006 Florida vs Ohio State - Florida wins!
                2007 LSU vs Ohio State - LSU wins!

                SEC was the underdog each time.

                One day everyone will realize that the SEC is THE football conference!
                New to the site--Introduce Yourself

                Find a Pow Wow Near You!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ok... well, how about Florida losing 6 out of the last 9 bowls they've played in. Is that more relevant?

                  Well, I've already put my virtual money where my mouth is, and we'll just have to await the outcome.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by NorthofAda View Post
                    Ok... well, how about Florida losing 6 out of the last 9 bowls they've played in. Is that more relevant?

                    Well, I've already put my virtual money where my mouth is, and we'll just have to await the outcome.
                    Yep, that is true, but look here:
                    Automatic bids to college bowl games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

                    Almost every SEC bowl game works out where the SEC team is the underdog.

                    Automatic bids to college bowl games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

                    Look at this year's Music City Bowl, we were big underdogs.

                    Or the Cotton Bowl. Big 12's #2 vs our #4.

                    And of course we won both of those!
                    New to the site--Introduce Yourself

                    Find a Pow Wow Near You!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      According to latest books Florida is not the underdog - so, we'll see. I think it's about time for that streak to be broken, dontcha think????

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Paul G View Post
                        Yep, that is true, but look here:
                        Automatic bids to college bowl games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

                        Almost every SEC bowl game works out where the SEC team is the underdog.

                        Automatic bids to college bowl games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

                        Look at this year's Music City Bowl, we were big underdogs.

                        Or the Cotton Bowl. Big 12's #2 vs our #4.

                        And of course we won both of those!

                        We shall see
                        And in the grand scheme of things They come and they go

                        Miama was the next big Dynasty
                        Then after that Florida State
                        sure you can have a few big years

                        It takes DECADES to make a Dynasty!!!

                        Talk to us in 50 years
                        lol
                        ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                        Till I Die!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Don't forget Nebraska - remember them??? They were "the team" once upon a time. And the year my alma mater ASU took them down in a blowout was one of ASU's greatest games played.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Josiah View Post
                            We shall see
                            And in the grand scheme of things They come and they go

                            Miama was the next big Dynasty
                            Then after that Florida State
                            sure you can have a few big years

                            It takes DECADES to make a Dynasty!!!

                            Talk to us in 50 years
                            lol
                            Are you saying Big 12 has more football history than the SEC?

                            Conference All-Time Rankings

                            National Championships by Conference
                            # Big 12 – (16)

                            # SEC -- (15)

                            # Big Ten -- (13)

                            # ACC -- (9)

                            # Pac-10 -- (4)

                            # Big East -- (3)

                            For the purposes of this page, our list of football national championships by conference only counted the College Football National Champion as named by the Associated Press (AP) (1936 - 1997); and from 1998 on – the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) Champ.

                            So, for instance, the list above only includes 6 Alabama football national championships. Of course, as discussed at Best All-Time NCAA College Football Program, depending on which polls you count, Alabama could be credited with up to 12 college football national championships.
                            New to the site--Introduce Yourself

                            Find a Pow Wow Near You!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              While I openly support the SEC, and always will, I feel torn in this instance, being a supporter particularly of the Cherokee Kid, Slingin' Sam. I think the two teams match up very well, this is the game I've been wanting to see for months, having watched both teams closely through the season. I look forward to a great game tonight, and while my heart lies with the SEC, my emotions hang with Oklahoma, I'd still like to see OU pull the win in a tight game, they are overdue.....but it won't kill me to see the SEC win the title, again.

                              Comment

                              Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

                              Loading...

                              Trending

                              Collapse

                              There are no results that meet this criteria.

                              Sidebar Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X