Biggest diva in the NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest diva in the NFL

Todays football players are really starting too act like its all about them, not showing up for practice, holding out on contract signings, faking injuries, carrying guns, getting arrested for drugs, getting arrested in strip clubs for stupid behavior, etc, etc....

Who is the biggest diva in the NFL? Or some other player position like a QB in the NFL...???

Brandon Marshall- Denver Broncos

Chad Ochocinco- Cincinnati Bengals

Terrell Owens- Buffalo Bills

Adam Pacman Jones- unemployed NFL player

Plaxico Burress- unemployed NFL player

Someone else in the NFL?
    sigpic
    R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Stupid is, as stupid does...

Oh, Pacman Jones. You irrepressible little scamp. No matter what grand opportunities keep falling in your lap, you have the uncanny ability to mangle them beyond recognition. In this, you are the best in the world at what you do.

It had become clear that Pacman Jones wasn't going to get a call from an NFL team before the start of the season. Tough break for Pacman there. Silver lining, though? The Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the Canadian League were interested, and if Pacman went up there, played well and kept his nose clean, that might be his ticket back to the big league.

Was Pacman able to keep himself in line? Not even for long enough to get to Winnipeg.

Pacman did a live show on UStream last night, a website that allows users to stream live video of themselves, or of anything, really, to anyone in the world who wants to watch. Unfortunately for Pacman, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers were watching. From Paul Friesen at the Winnipeg Sun:

"Go to the UFL and do my thing and get ready for a playoff run in the NFL, you know what I'm sayin'?"

That's when someone called Jones, live, and presumably told him what league he was really going to.

Gotta love that commitment, Pac.

Throughout, fans chatted with the guy, some from Winnipeg. One told him it was cold here.

"Pain is only temporary," Jones said. "Besides, I'm only gonna be there for eight weeks... or shorter."

I love this little tidbit, too:

For 44 minutes, Jones came across as a complete imbecile, bragging about his luxurious home and getting his girlfriend to show off her engagement ring: "Y'all know what 41/2 karats look like in one stone? Paid for!"

So, to recap, Pacman Jones didn't even know the name of the league in which he thought he'd be playing. He disparaged that league by equating playing there to "pain," and indicated a desire to get back to the NFL as soon as possible (which might be true, but it still disrespectful to the Canadian league, and something you probably don't want to mention out loud).

And then, just for good measure, he bragged about his money and made everyone wonder, "Who in the world would agree to marry Pacman Jones?"

Anyway, so much for Winnipeg. They saw Pacman's performance, and they didn't care for it, so their interest in Pacman Jones is dead. Maybe the UFL, the league he thought showed an interest, could still give him a call. If not, there's always the professional wrestling. That might be the one bridge that Pacman hasn't torched yet.
    sigpic
    R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

Actually Terrell Owens has been on he's best behavior so far. I would have figured he would have imploded by now but he hasn't. Ochocinco has also been fairly quiet this season. I guess winning heals everything.

But the biggest diva this season has been Brett Farve. You know he signed for the Vikings for only one reason and one reason only; to rain on the Packer's parade.

Comment

I still think the rookie Michael "full of Crap"-tree is the new diva.........what a punk.......you got to prove yourself before you can make the money........what an idiot........don't mean to wish hurt on someone but wouldn't it be funny if he got hurt and couldn't finish out the season????....LOL!!!!
        sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

I think it's a gimme that all WR in the NFL are divas. I think it must be a job requirement or something. :P

Comment

Whats get me is the celebrating after a TD or sack....how about celebrating after you win something worth celebrating...??? Like mebbe the Super Bowl? But thats the National Felon League for ya.
            sigpic

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.