Norton Firewall????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norton Firewall????

We currently use Windows XP Home version, which has it's own firewall. But since we hooked up SBC/Yahoo DSL alot of people told us we needed a better firewall so my brother gave us Norton Personall Firewall 2003.

We get alerts all the time for various resons. Most of it seems to be companies like Roadrunner, Alltell, Sprint, Etc. But lately I've also notice a lot of alerts that race back to Korea and China. What gives??? Are these people trying to hack our computer or are they more ads, which is what I think the roadrunner, etc are. Is it something we should be concerned about. I mean we get like 20 alerts a day. How many are getting through undetected???

Or is this program a waste of money????? Well it was free so, I guess I didn't waste the money.;)
    Thanks for the help in advance!!

JOE
    The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
    -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Unless your running a company system, you've been in a chat or what not and made some enimies, or somthing to that nature, I doubt your being hacked seriously.

It could be ads from sites you go too, or what not, Could be alot of things. I don't run a firewall at all myself, and get by fine, even when I had DSL, I never did, and had no problems from anyone.

As I said, it depends. If you make fun of Warez in there chats or what not, or just make enimies with them, then ya might worry bout those warnings, however, if you don't know what the warnings are, its best to find someone who does, cause if you accidently block out a part of roadrunner, your connection might get interrupted (Happened to a friend on Cable do to Zone Alarm pro).

Goretex Designz

Comment

Thanks GrayWolf.
      The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
      -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Comment

No problem at all, Hope that helped ya out. :D

Goretex Designz

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X