Scanner Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scanner Problem

I just purchased a new Dell (yeah dude I got a Dell) puter and have not been able to find my CD to load my Visioneer 5300 scanner. I tried to download it from the net but they don't have an option for Windows XP! Help........:Cry
    Becky B.

Never mind - someone just told me lots of the older equipment doesn't work with XP. Oh well............
    Becky B.

Comment

Did you try going to the website of the company that produced the scanner ? They may be able to help you or have a downloads section where you could find what you want.

Comment

That is where I was getting the download info - they just have it for Windows 95, 98 and 2000. Oh well, this is a good reason to get something else new. Another tax deduction
        Becky B.

Comment

NDNQT if you can get the software download for 2000 then get it, cause 2000 and XP both based(according to Microsoft) on NT Technology, and more than likely if it works on 2000 then it will more than likely work on XP. Most everything I've tried from 2000
          has worked so far, so it's worth a shot. Hook up scanner, fire up new puter, download what they have for 2000 and install and go for it.

Comment

Right you are my furry red friend.

I'd try that as well, the worst case being it won't work lol. I think it will tho, he is right about XP being based off of 2000.

Goretex Designz

Comment

I tried - I downloaded it but when it came time to start the program NOPE. Oh well, it is good excuse to save and get something new for the puter! Plus it will be another tax deduction:p
              Becky B.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X