The Blaster Worm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Blaster Worm

Ladies and Gentlemen...I'm happy to announce that this morning I defeated the Blaster Worm which I had gotten on my PC! :-D

I'm the man mwahaha :devil

Goretex Designz

very cool, gray, now can you tell me how I can get rid of this filter on my computer at work that don't let me chat??? lol

Comment

did I or not?

I'm not sure I had the worm or not...but Monday when I was on the internet my computer kept shutting down with that Microsoft message giving me 60 seconds to close documents or lose them. After trying to talk me through patch downloads the tech finally came out and did his magic. Said he'd identified a hacker and even had an ISP number. Was this the worm or just a coincidence? Needless to say I had a firewall put in and the loser couldn't 'bug' me anymore....

Comment

Cree sweetheart:

Yep, you had the blaster worm. I had the very same thing happen to me and I stayed up 'til 3am on Monday night trying to get rid of it. I was extremely annoyed and getting angrier by the minute but I managed to get rid of it by downloading the patch from windowsupdate.com. :D

Although, I heard this morning that it replicates itself and could come back even after you think you've gotten rid of it. I put up a firewall just in case.
        Hockey is soul food.

Comment

Yeah, I kept trying to download the patch but then that silly worm kept shutting me down in mid-download. I was ready to slap some C4 to the side of the hardrive and let it blow!

Comment

I was thinking the same thing..... "this shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM..... time: 59sec"

:Yell :BadPC: :wall:

:p
            Hockey is soul food.

Comment

Yep, thats the one. How I got rid of it was simple, there is a programs our good friends at Symantec (Makers of Norton Anti) has a program availible called BlastFix. Use Microsofts patch, and then get on your PC, and run that program, and it will delete the worm.

Goretex Designz

Comment

Is Blastfix one of those freebie downloadables?

Comment

Yes it is.

Goretex Designz

Comment

Yippee!

My Norton/Symantec Live Update kicked in this morning. I guess I'm 'protected' for today. Sorta like 'safe sex' but not as fun :D

Comment

anybody havin' problems getting rid of this ? The 2 files are small
                      enough to email or possibly pm to you(I got em saved). So if anybody needs-holler.

Comment

new worm out now

There is a new worm that attempts to exploit the same RPC vulnerability as the blaster worm. Here is a link to the information on Symantec's website.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...chia.worm.html

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X