Waveform Device ..PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waveform Device ..PLEASE HELP!!!!!

So I bought my cutest littlest god daughter a CD Rom game for her birthday but when my sister in law trys to play it she always gets this message "Wave form device not found" so all you computer wizards and magicians what does this mean?Does she need to purchase this at a computer store? If so is this expensive? And is it hard to download?
    I feel really really really sad because I want to interact with Barbie and Ken to when I go visit them. So please help this computer dumbell out.
    Friends dont let friends take home ugly Men. :huddle:

:indian1: THE DARKER THE FLESH THEN THE DEEPER THE ROOTS :indian1:

Basically, the "wave form device" is a back-up to your media player's ability to interface with your sound card. The task is usually done with an ATAPI cable - a very thin cable about a foot long that plugs into the back of the CD-ROM drive on one end and directly into your sound card on the other. If you don't have an ATAPI cable, the CD's audio signal must be downloaded through the IDE cable (wide ribbon) just like any other software, and then interpreted via your operating system. This interpretation is what requires a "wave form device" (a virtual device driver) to be installed. The way around this is to splurge the $5 on an ATAPI cable and hook it up.

This cable USUALLY has ends like this:

"Friends don't let friends drink decaf..."
    Wakalapi's $49 unlimited phone service www.49deal.com

Comment

If you can play an audio cd(music) then you will have the cable attached. What version of windows are you running ? Some versions support games better than a couple of the Windows software do.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X