Break up a wav file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Break up a wav file

I have some large wav files of recording from Real Audio. How can I take the files and split them into tracks?
    New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

I assume you gonna try to bun these to CD, so how you gonna burn them ? If you got Nero it will convert them, and you can go thru Easy CD to do it.

Comment

Right, but I need to break them into small files. Right now I have several files over 400 mb in size.

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

You have an internal burner? XP? Either 1 that I mentioned will convert from files to tracks. Let me check sizes to see how big they are and if I can compress and email, or if to big can send thru
        good ole trusty mail. These will work with any burner. That way you can burn anything.

Comment

This is really rudimentary method, but you could just use Windows Recorder to cut-and-paste blotches of waveforms and create smaller files. The end user(s) could then cut-and-paste them back into the larger file afterward. You will end up with microseconds missing and/or blank spaces if you are not precise, though.
          "Friends don't let friends drink decaf..."
          Wakalapi's $49 unlimited phone service www.49deal.com

Comment

OR just convert them to MP3. Those files sound just as good but take up less space. There are several programs that do this. Try DOWNLOADS.COM or TUCOWS.COM for freeware.
            "Friends don't let friends drink decaf..."
            Wakalapi's $49 unlimited phone service www.49deal.com

Comment

Another problem besides the cut and paste method,
              besides blank spaces, is that not all can be done like that, and if you can may not necessarily play on a regular cd player. However converting them to MP3(which nero or the other program does) they play on anything 99 &99/100th % of the time.

Comment

So what's a good way to convert it to MP3?

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

nero should do it for you. I'll send you a copy, course we will have to go thru postal service since it a bit big to email:D

Comment

Ok, got my address?

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

yea, I got it. I gotta go Post Ofice in the morning.

Comment

If Nero doesn't work, get a wav 2 MP3 converter. Im not sure how to cut into tracks, I have a few full length concerts from a band I like on CD, but they are all one track, like 3 hour sets lol. I get used to fast foreward.

Goretex Designz

Comment

For all my music file chopping and file conversion, I use Cool Edit Pro 2.0 .

Trial version available from Zdnet or Downloads, and the crack is available at cracks.am.
                          It is so sad that a family can torn apart by something as simple as a wild pack of dogs.

Comment

Glad he showed up. What he said reminded me I got a program that suppose to convert wav to MP3 and vicea versa. So can send a copy of that to, and let you play with that.

Comment

Originally posted by kneegrow_native
                              For all my music file chopping and file conversion, I use Cool Edit Pro 2.0 .

Trial version available from Zdnet or Downloads, and the crack is available at cracks.am.
                              Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X