Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burning CDs from powwow radio

Hello friends!
    I am new here only discovering the site a few days ago. I was thrilled to hear the 24/7 radio option and am interested in making some cds so I can forward them to my niece in SD to help her practice for her jingle dress dancing competitions.
    I stayed up almost all of last night trying to download software that allows one to be able to record from internet radio, but the prices of their packages are outrageous! Has anyone found a free site or maybe a program installed on my new HP Windows 8 based computer that would allow me to do this? I know I have to place the music on my computer then I can burn the CDs but I can't seem to figure out how to do it?
    Anyone have any info on how to do this? Thanks in advance for your help.
    BTW, I am from Rosebud, SD and am Lakota Sioux....not a cheap *** trying to get something for free!!
    Last edited by Toolbox; 12-20-2012, 09:43 PM.
    "Sometimes the character of the opposition defines why something ought to be the most politically viable thing in the world that needs to be changed"

That would be piracy. I'm not going to lie, it is possible but download any of those programs at your own risk as they usually contain viruses and other malware and or they steal your credit card information and sell it over seas.

Try looking online, some drums or studios that record their stuff will post songs for free. Sometimes you can just simply e-mail a drum and ask them for a song or two and they might give you a free song(s). Otherwise just buy them for like the dollar or so that they charge on a place like Amazon or iTunes etc.

The webmaster and the site pay a hefty yearly licensing fee for the rights to play those songs online.
    CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
    sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

Plenty of good songs on iTunes for 99 cents each.
      sigpic

Comment

Thank you both for your suggestions.
        After reading a few threads here and on other sites, I realized this was indeed piracy and did not fully understand how the whole thing worked. I am in my 50's and as much as I might think I keep up on issues, music of any sort (other than live powwow music) is just not of any interest to me. I never listen to radio stations and mainly have CNN on in the background for the 'company' in an empty house.
        I recall the whole napster thing but even that fight did not interest my attention at the time.
        So, it's off to iTunes and a few other sites I found that offer the .99 options...which actually works out for me as I am interested only in songs from my tribe. Growing up my Unchi would constantly be singing and her favs (and mine) were the National anthem and War Honor songs (my oldest brother was killed in Vietnam). To hear either of those at any time brings a tear to my eye and so many memories flood back...
        Anyway again thanks for taking the time to warn me of the dangers of doing so and also turning me onto iTunes. Although I am on SSDI, I think I can afford a few songs @ .99 or even better if I could find a Lakota drum group who is willing to sell one of their CDs.
        "Sometimes the character of the opposition defines why something ought to be the most politically viable thing in the world that needs to be changed"

Comment

You are welcome. Please feel free as well to drop a post in the introductions threads and share your advice and ideas on our powwow threads and the random banter in the Chit Chat area.
          CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
          sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.