Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Akismet Key?

Hi there,
    I thought I'd give writing a blog post here on pw.com a shot. Never done this before...part of my New Year's resolutions to try more new & different things this year. LOL!

I see you have an Akismet key feature to help prevent spam. So, I went out, signed up & got one for free. Then I read where I needed an Akismet plugin so I downloaded that.

Now, I'm stuck! I'm a little confused on how I am supposed to enable the plugin. I've re-read the instructions on my Akismet acct multiple times & what they show to do I can't find where I should be doing that on my browser/pc settings.

Do you already have the Akismet plugin enabled on the pw.com site? (So I don't have to do this step?)

Then, also, on your pw.com Blog Options page (EDIT PREFERENCES AND PERMISSIONS FOR YOUR BLOG) in my User CP, I pasted the Askimet key I was given into the field & saved it. Is that all I have to do?

It's not clear to me what exactly this key does/how it works???

Thanks, in advance, for your help!

This is a question for [MENTION=2]Paul G[/MENTION]
    CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
    sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• curiousity
      I'm new to the powwow and have started my journey. Please advise.
      by curiousity
      I have just stepped back onto the journey that I began almost twenty years ago. I am attending my first gathering of Storytellers and will in the spring attend my first Powwow ever. For a wedding gift I received a choker from my husband and would like to wear it to the gathering of Storytellers, but...
      11-15-2004, 06:33 PM
    • Zotigh
      New hyperlinks within our message text.
      by Zotigh
      Just got caught off-guard by a blue hyperlink within a post I was reading. I thought that the poster had put a link in their message on purpose for us to follow and get more info on what they were talking about. I clicked on it, and it sent me to an advertisement of some hotel.

07-02-2004, 12:57 PM
    • Mato Winyan
      Sewing questions.......
      by Mato Winyan
      Ok..... a couple quick questions. First off..... I need this done in less than two weeks............... HOW THE HECK AM I GOING TO BE ABLE TO DO THAT?????

Got that out of my system....... so here's the other ones...

I'm doing this dress in crepe satin...
      07-28-2006, 12:27 PM
    • butterflypulse
      applique on shawl...please help
      by butterflypulse
      I am new to using applique...sort of. I've done small applique pieces before, but that was more like quilt-like applique, if you know what I mean. I stitched it down but I didn't embroider around the design. I've been contemplating my new set for probably about half a year now, sketching and playing...
      10-29-2003, 01:24 PM
    • Suzizila
      OOoh, I've Got Double Vision
      by Suzizila
      Hi All!

I've been beading up a storm lately, working on leggings during beading demos at a local museum, especially when the manager said I could bead there anytime. I'm usually working in natural light, beading as long as I can, until my eyes tell me it's time to stop.
      Then I...
      11-05-2012, 12:10 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X