4th of July wasn't the same.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th of July wasn't the same.

I wanted to share a story with you about my 4th of July experience. We attended the local holiday celebration by attending the parade downtown here in Flagstaff, Az. This was our first time attending this parade. We watched a 2 hour parade that didn't signify the troops, but only witnessed political parties asking for votes, gypsies with upside down flags on their t-shirts, war protestors with black capes, a bus that had Children of the Rainbow(weird.........if you ask me) and I was pretty disappointed in my own town. Granted people were wearing red, white and blue, flying their flags, but I saw only three entries out of about 60 that signified veterans. The VFW, Toys for Tots, and Veterans for Peace. I walked away from that parade like, this town sucks!! That's bad. Next 4th of July, I'm going back to Cali where being veteran means something.

Anyone have a story to add????
    Fall down 7 times, get up 8. MY FAMOUS WORDS.

Not here in NY. Its was about the troops here. So we are good to go. NY has long supported its troops here.

I don't think though I would want to be in sorry *ss Seattle, WA where they attacked an Army Recruiter at the local college a few months back. I would have been opening alot of cans of whoop *ss there. Buncha hippie tree huggin' freaks there. And thats my home state, well I'm not from that west side, I'm from the east side of the state.
    sigpic
    R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

Then now you have that friggin ***hole Ward Churchill advocating 'fragging' our officers in Iraq! give me a break!!! this goes WAY beyond freedom of speech! it sounds like TREASON to these ears!

Comment

It does...as for the fraggin' in OIF, I still don't have any details but its a F***** thing to do, especially to a fellow soldier. I feel bad for the families in NY as the soldiers who were fragged are from Albany, NY. The guy had to have a helluva chip on his shoulder to do that, to his own people, like that muslim with the 101st, as well.
        sigpic
        R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

4th Not the same....

Originally posted by **jdazmum**
          I wanted to share a story with you about my 4th of July experience. We attended the local holiday celebration by attending the parade downtown here in Flagstaff, Az. This was our first time attending this parade. We watched a 2 hour parade that didn't signify the troops, but only witnessed political parties asking for votes, gypsies with upside down flags on their t-shirts, war protestors with black capes, a bus that had Children of the Rainbow(weird.........if you ask me) and I was pretty disappointed in my own town. Granted people were wearing red, white and blue, flying their flags, but I saw only three entries out of about 60 that signified veterans. The VFW, Toys for Tots, and Veterans for Peace. I walked away from that parade like, this town sucks!! That's bad. Next 4th of July, I'm going back to Cali where being veteran means something.

Anyone have a story to add????

My family went to a parade here in downtown Toppenish, WA and it seemed to signify the businesses around here with a handful of Veterans walking and carrying their flags; I noticed that not all the people stood up either!! There were a lot of mexican dancing horses though that danced to the beat of their music! I don't think I'll attend that particular parade any more. My grandson didn't even get all the hard candy he ran for too...he's only 3 pretty soon to be 4. The Honorable Veteran's deserve more attention! {Especially if they were in combat!!!!!!!}
          [FONT=Garamond]RainbowDreamer

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X