asking for some imput

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asking for some imput

I was thinking real hard about joining the army.I have already served in the navy from 95 to 99.Will be signing papers in a week, just want to have imput from community here.Imput would be nice since i do respect each and everyones opinion here.Thanks.

I've never served (4F), so take this for what it's worth. My first question would be "Do I trust my Commander-In-Chief?".
    Something exists.

Comment

Sleeping Bear's question is a good one. Others: why do you want to join the army? Have they made promises to you? Do you realize you will probably go to a war zone? Do you want to go to a war zone? The military is like a marriage, which you know since you served before. There are a lot of questions you should ask yourself before you take the plunge. The answers will tell you if you should do it, but since you asked here - frankly, you sound unsure. Be sure.

Comment

Input: to go or not to go

This opinion is only mine: Do you want to enlist, risk your life, put relatives through a lot of worry just to be fighting an unjust war, brought on by an individual whose personal war it is just so he can save face? Remember, there were no bombs of mass destruction but he went in anyway. This war is not ours but we are losing a lot of our boys and girls.

Think about it. We love you and hopefully you will make the right decision. If this was about fighting for our country then I would not be saying this to you, but I would be encouraging you. God bless you.

Comment

Thanks for imput

You all are right.The one question "do i trust the commandor in cheif"easy answer no way in hell.Was thinking just maybe i could help some of these kids come home.The military promise alot of things to me in the past but never came though.How bout that them not doing what they promise.Lol.Just wish i could do more.

Comment

Good thought. Going there probably won't do the trick, though. I write my Senators and Congressman frequently to remind them of what they should be doing, including bringing our warriors home. Other than wads of money, which I lack, I think that might be your best tactic as well.
            Something exists.

Comment

Since you don't trust our president but you do want to help the kids that are over there. Have you considered volunteering at a local VA hospital and helping the ones who have already come home?
              Courage is just fear that has said it's prayers.

Comment

Good Advise

Originally posted by Annie Fawn View Post
                Since you don't trust our president but you do want to help the kids that are over there. Have you considered volunteering at a local VA hospital and helping the ones who have already come home?
                Annie F has some good advise here. You don't have to put your life on the line to help our troops. Think of your family. Why put them through hell? No doubt about it - war is hell for everyone involved. You served your time. Your family needs you alive. Best of luck to you...

Comment

Originally posted by yellowthunders mama View Post
                  Annie F has some good advise here. You don't have to put your life on the line to help our troops. Think of your family. Why put them through hell? No doubt about it - war is hell for everyone involved. You served your time. Your family needs you alive. Best of luck to you...
                  I agree - help out here at home, with veterans or with families who maybe are struggling because they currently have a family member serving overseas. One link I found was for the Military Homefront -an organization that helps soldiers who have been injured and cannot return back to active duty. Here's a link....

http://www.militaryhomefront.dod.mil

My dad had to make a similar decision when he served. He finished his tour of duty just as units from his base were being sent over to Vietnam. He almost re-upped, but my mom talked him out of it. A couple of months later his motor pool unit shipped out and many of those guys died over there.

You gave this country 4 good years of service - and we all respect you and THANK you for that!

Comment

This is going to sound really harsh...but the only person who can (or should) decide this is you. If you need encouragement from others...then it sounds like you may have already decided this.

Comment

replys to imput

I thank you all for your imput.The idea of vol at the va hospital is great.Never thought of that and theirs a va hosp 30 mins from where i live in so cal.Ran the thought of going back in passed my moms and she stood on a chair and smacked me in the head.Got her answer real quick.Everyone is right i do not need to put my family through this again.O'ya and dont want to fight for the #[email protected]* who is in office.

Comment

Originally posted by michael crisp View Post
                        I thank you all for your imput.The idea of vol at the va hospital is great.Never thought of that and theirs a va hosp 30 mins from where i live in so cal.Ran the thought of going back in passed my moms and she stood on a chair and smacked me in the head.Got her answer real quick.Everyone is right i do not need to put my family through this again.O'ya and dont want to fight for the #[email protected]* who is in office.
                        Good decision. Best of luck, and thanks for serving the first time around, if I forgot to thank you before.

Comment

If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

My 2 cents.
                          sigpic
                          R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

heat an't no prob

Originally posted by Ndnsoldierboy View Post
                            If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

My 2 cents.
                            I hear what you are saying.The heat is no prob for me.Was not on a ship always vol for 13 months in Bosnia, in land recon.Work with 24th meu out of N.C. I like the heat alittle to much.

Comment

If your going Infantry, then good luck....have done my entire 17 yrs and counting as a grunt...

I've been IED'd 3 times, grenades thrown at me, RPG'd, mortared, shot at, had incoming SCUD's and still come back for more.

Try to prepare yourself for the friends you will lose...its gonna happen...but its part of the job...Soldiers die in war...I have accepted that. It really sux though...
                              sigpic
                              R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X