Happiness is a warm puppy >

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happiness is a warm puppy >

This soldier has been in Iraq for 14 months and look how happy is puppy is to see him again. And people say dog's can't remember people for long!

Iqra’i: Happiness is a warm puppy.
    Courage is just fear that has said it's prayers.

Only good dog I saw in Iraq was a bomb sniffing dog... We worked with him and his handler back in December of 2005...the dog hated Iraqi's...especially children..he would growl, bark, snarl whenever kids tried to come up to our convoy. So the kids stayed away from the convoy that day.

Sad thing is soon after our mission with them a few days later they were with another convoy and the Humvee they were riding in got hit by an IED...the dog was KIA, and the handler was WIA.

I have a pic of him somewhere...I'll have to look for it and post it.
    sigpic
    R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

I didn't see alot of the Iraqi's owning many pets....like dogs, well, there was a few families who had birds...but not many dog owners...almost all of the dogs and cats I saw were feral in Baghdad.

I remember one area in western Baghdad there was a open air slaughter area for sheep, camels and goats. The piled skins of these animals were at least 4 feet high and about 100 feet long. There was gut piles, horn piles....the dogs in this area were FAT... They ate real good thats for sure. Cause if you seen dogs in other parts of the city, they were all bony and dying from starvation.

The smell was pretty bad in the summer in this part of town. It was right next to the open sewage canal... It got so frigging hot and the flies! almost forgot they were happy as well.
      Last edited by Ndnsoldierboy; 11-02-2008, 05:10 PM.
      sigpic
      R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

LMAO!!!....I almost forgot that......My dogs were pretty happy to see me when I came back......but yeah we didn't have any dogs come around our unit......maybe because of the slingshots???....LOL!!!........because they were wild, they were considered a sanitation risk.....
        sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

The dogs used to chase our convoys around the city...my squad ended up buying slingshots and then went to pellet guns...we had fun shooting the dogs. Couldn't waste our M-4 carbine ammo on stray muts...though I would have loved to help out Baghdad with their pet population...

The dogs were WAYYYYYYYYYY different in Afghanistan...they were tough hombres, and monster sized there. Had to shoot a few of them with our M-4's.
          sigpic

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X