No announcement yet.

Sailors cry about new rules.....LOL!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sailors cry about new rules.....LOL!!!

Sailors blast wear rules for blue cammies

By Mark D. Faram - Staff writer
    Posted : Tuesday Dec 16, 2008 18:09:14 EST

Sailors are lashing out at the Navy’s tough new uniform regulations, which say that sailors wearing the new Navy Working Uniform won’t be allowed to get out of their cars while driving to and from work unless it’s an emergency.
    The new rules are more restrictive than the regs covering the to-be-replaced utilities and wash khakis, as well as the current woodland cammies and flight suits.
    Current uniform regulations allow sailors to make brief stops — such as pumping gas, picking up prescriptions and dropping off kids at day care — in the current uniforms. None of this will be allowed once sailors and officers begin wearing the Navy Working Uniform, which will be available to purchase in the Norfolk, Va., area next month.
    Within 24 hours of posting a short news story on the restrictions and soliciting feedback, Navy Times received more than 40 e-mails from sailors and officers expressing outrage over the decision to tighten the rules.
    “This is beyond ridiculous,” wrote Fire Controlman 2nd Class (SW/AW) Jason McKeever, who works aboard the aircraft carrier Abraham Lincoln. “The fact that every other service [except the Marine Corps] authorizes their service members to wear their working uniforms to places like grocery stores or the mall just shows how out of touch the Navy officials are.”
    The Navy announced its rollout schedule and rules for wear Dec. 2.
    At the time of the message’s release, Navy officials told Navy Times that the commuting rules for the NWU were identical to the rules for all current working uniforms. Those officials have since corrected themselves, saying that the current rules for utilities and wash khakis do allow for brief stops.
    Navy Times, on Tuesday morning, requested further clarification on the reason for the rule change from the office of the Chief of Naval Operations.
    The rule change will likely cause problems for deck-plate leaders who need to enforce them.
    That’s because once the NWU begins its two-year rollout, there will be two sets of uniform rules on the street — one for the NWU, authorizing no routine stops, and the current, and more liberal, rules for the rest of the uniforms.
    “I personally cannot understand why we are going so high and right, because it will cause more confusion … and I feel this will only drive the desire to wear the NWU to be even less,” said Command Master Chief (SW/AW) Michael Napier, senior enlisted sailor at Strike Fighter Squadron 27 at Naval Air Facility Atsugi, Japan.
    Napier says uniform regs are already tough enough for him and other chiefs to enforce, and having two standards will only make that even tougher to enforce.
    “I already face it working on a naval air station with air crews wanting to wear flight suits to everything short of the Navy Ball. As a black-shoe snipe, it drives me nuts — so I see the NWU being nothing but an uphill battle.”
    sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

They have the option to get out of the Navy and join the USMC or Army in an infantry unit and do some REAL work if they think they can handle it.
    sigpic
    R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X