No announcement yet.

Stuff you carried in combat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• was just thinking about you bro! stay sharp over there!

Comment

• Paul Deugan,[our pastors son] was re-deployed Tuesday August 3rd.
      He will be serving in Afghanistan.
      We pray he returns safely from protecting his Country.

[A rather sorry post,but the particulars are not within my knowledge.]
      Last edited by MCKiemle; 08-05-2010, 10:15 AM.

Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: Rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.
      - Solomon

Comment

• have met some Marines here in Afghanistan who used to be in the same regiment I was in back in the 80's...fun chatting with them about the old corps.

semper fi...
        sigpic
        R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

• nsb!

you know something seemed out of place in your pic but i couldn't put my finger on it...then it hit me when i remembered you said you shoot left handed...that's why your rifle looks backwards lol

that is cool you got to see your corps buddies again

Comment

• I always put really thin buttons on my clothes so I could get closer to the ground. lol
            Army ground pounder 63-66. Thank you for your service and come back safely. I promise I will never call you what they called us. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by sneakysnake View Post
              I always put really thin buttons on my clothes so I could get closer to the ground. lol
              Army ground pounder 63-66. Thank you for your service and come back safely. I promise I will never call you what they called us. lol
              Daggone...ur an old booger!!!

U musta been borned at the end of WWII!!! LOL

Welcome home!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe's Dad View Post
                Daggone...ur an old booger!!!

U musta been borned at the end of WWII!!! LOL

Welcome home!

No at the beginning in 42. I am almost as old as dirt, gots the same dna as dirt anyhoo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grits & Beans View Post
                  nsb!

you know something seemed out of place in your pic but i couldn't put my finger on it...then it hit me when i remembered you said you shoot left handed...that's why your rifle looks backwards lol

that is cool you got to see your corps buddies again
                  I lol'ed @ this...few years ago, I could hit 40 out of 40 even on a bad day...now I gotta get more into the shooting again, due to my being an instructor the past 4 years, found out shooting is a pershiable skill...and have tried shooting righthanded but not able to line the sights up...I am left eye dominant.
                  sigpic
                  R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

• They say the Army is a small group...especially the infantry...well, today I seen some of the old group I was with the first time I was here in Afghanistan and Iraq. Was real good to see the old timers, well, not as old as me, but they been awhile now...talked about the old days, drunken times, guys we knew but are KIA, WIA, guys who got out, and then came back in...

....it was a good day today...
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Ndnsoldierboy View Post
                      I lol'ed @ this...few years ago, I could hit 40 out of 40 even on a bad day...now I gotta get more into the shooting again, due to my being an instructor the past 4 years, found out shooting is a pershiable skill...and have tried shooting righthanded but not able to line the sights up...I am left eye dominant.
                      you ain't just whistling Dixie..

I've been stuck on a desk too long now, left an ugly pattern at practice, like grenade hits LOL.

range time is quality time. need more of it.

stay safe.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Good to hear from you NSB!! Glad to know your still kickin' .Stay safe and out of trouble ( like that's gonna happen)
                        Last edited by MCKiemle; 10-14-2010, 09:17 AM.

Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: Rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.
                        - Solomon

Comment

• The chat I had with my broes had really made my day...I got 5 middle east tours so far. My broes got 4...but I been in alot longer too...they been in almost 15...got 'em beat by 5-6 years.

Will be stateside in NOV. for a couple weeks...Get some beer ready, and some black and mild cigars handy, got war stories too tell and fun times too be had... Oh yeah, I drink lots of GUINNESS...American beer just doesn't do it for me like european brew does...and a couple shots of Jim Beam to wash it all down.
                          sigpic

Comment

• I just got back from Afghanistan. Do you know how hard it was for me to part ways with my saw?

I got a big surprise when i got home and opened the fridge and seen g&b had the fridge stocked with MREs LMAO...

It was a whole box of blueberry granola, said she got from work. anybody want some?

Comment

• Semper Fi!

USMC 235th birthday coming up. I thought this was pretty cool:

USMC 234th Birthday Tribute

Comment

• ...and got word the other day, one of my NDN broes from Montana is back in Iraq...Operation: New Dawn...his 3rd time there... the name sounds lame...but I don't get to make up the names of the military operations...He was also in Afghanistan with me as well...2003-04.
                                Last edited by Ndnsoldierboy; 10-17-2010, 05:41 AM. Reason: had to put the OEF deployment in...
                                sigpic

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.