No announcement yet.

Stuff you carried in combat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new vest I wear at powwows and veterans funerals. I counted all my deployments during my active duty time in and it came up 38 deployments. On my vest I put my five combat tours only. I put the Chief Joseph patch on cause that is my ancestor with the three campaign ribbons added to show where I went to. Which represent Southwest Asia, Afghanistan, Iraq.
    sigpic
    R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

• If you ever spent time at Kandahar Airfield, you know the part of the base I am posting about. I was at KAF back in 2003-04 and this poo pond was nasty AF.
      sigpic
      R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

• I was in the Army at a time where it was unthinkable to take part in a real fight outside of Germany if not a case of NATO defense.

And I am not sure if as it is today that we are on the right path. way. This will for many years a very debatable issue outside the politicians.
        Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
        Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
        Show me, and I will understand.
        Involve me, and I will learn.”
        Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
        Courage to change the things I can,
        And wisdom to know the difference.
        Living one day at a time,
        Enjoying one moment at a time,
        Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
        (Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)

Comment

• Originally posted by Broken Arrow View Post
          I was in the Army at a time where it was unthinkable to take part in a real fight outside of Germany if not a case of NATO defense.

And I am not sure if as it is today that we are on the right path. way. This will for many years a very debatable issue outside the politicians.
          I know that Germany sent some soldiers to Afghanistan. I never served along side them as they were in a different province than I was.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Ndnsoldierboy View Post
            I know that Germany sent some soldiers to Afghanistan. I never served along side them as they were in a different province than I was.

Sending German soldiers outside the region of NATO and for the defense of the allies is at least a difficult moral issue.

After WWII the first real war engagement was ordered by the Government of Schröder and Fischer, Sozialdemokraten and Grüne. Those who normally oppose every military engagement.

The different opinions in Germany will remain at least as long as one of my generation exists and may be the generetaion behind me.

War doesn't solve the problem but what else stops ignorant violent believing idiots? Talking alone not.

Sigh.
            Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
            Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• Originally posted by Broken Arrow View Post
              Sending German soldiers outside the region of NATO and for the defense of the allies is at least a difficult moral issue.

After WWII the first real war engagement was ordered by the Government of Schröder and Fischer, Sozialdemokraten and Grüne. Those who normally oppose every military engagement.

The different opinions in Germany will remain at least as long as one of my generation exists and may be the generetaion behind me.

War doesn't solve the problem but what else stops ignorant violent believing idiots? Talking alone not.

Sigh.
              All I remember about the German Army in in 2011 in Afghanistan is they gave the Taliban a good kick in the butt and they were being investigated about it. I don't know what happened of the investigation, I left Afghanistan by then. But I do remember, the Taliban attacked the Germans first in Mazar e Sharif.
              sigpic

Comment

• Yes they did but the "Piece" fractions were pissed off about it.

Minster of defese Jung, General Schniederhahn and state secretary had to dismiss because of colaterial civilian casualties and the political fight about this incident.

It is known as the Kundus Affäre.

But most what happens, we don't read in the news because it never made the news.

Black Elk

Lakota Proverb

Comment

• NSB and company in Afghanistan almost Christmas 2003.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Been in a Chinook in Family Practice Residency Training on search and rescue. It was neat having the head of Family Practice also be head of the emergency room. Got up on Appalachian trail with Tennessee Rescue and getting dark and not found lost hiker. Got back in chinook and lift off and hydraulic fluid starts pouring put of aft engine. I am only one with back pack and winter gear with me. They had to start wifening the landing zone along the appalachian trail to accept an HU1B iriquois that started ferrying the team back to civilization. They foun the hiker tge next spring.

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.