No announcement yet.

Stuff you carried in combat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seen Spooky a couple of times, called him once....devastating show he put on......alos saw Warthogs....Cobras....Blackhawks....LIttlebirds... ..F/18's, F/16's and a F/22 once.....Saw a couple C-5 Galaxys......C-130's.....and the usual USMC flying coffins......Phrogs and Super Stallions......
    sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

Being Arty, Air was the bane of our existence. They robbed us of a ton of fire missions that we could have shot with our GLMRS. My claim to fame (aside from being part of the first USMC HIMARS unit in combat) is that I got to ride in the new MV-22 Ospery in the box, during their first combat deployment. I was lucky enough to a hitch ASR on one. Like riding a roller coaster that was constantly going in one direction.

I could always hear the jets but never really saw them (except for times I was at a fixed wing base). Loved seeing 53's and Cobras.
      ***Edited for explicit content***

Comment

Yeah, saw ole Spooky in the 'Stan...he was using his infared spoylight over a village we were searching for a suspected cache...we found it and it took five trucks to get all the ordinance out of the basement.
        sigpic
        R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

dayum! thats a big dump...*L*.....yeah, I never really liked looking for stuff.....not that it was dangerous or anything, just got bored with it every once in awhile.....ah well.....got to do what you got to do......anyway, theres a thing going on where they want to get away from the M-4 and go to something with more stopping power....like the 7.62 SCAR...I would definitely use a 7.62 round anyday....more stopping power and bang for your buck....and you don't have to go away from the classic M-4 look.....

sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

Originally posted by 50cal View Post
            dayum! thats a big dump...*L*.....yeah, I never really liked looking for stuff.....not that it was dangerous or anything, just got bored with it every once in awhile.....ah well.....got to do what you got to do......anyway, theres a thing going on where they want to get away from the M-4 and go to something with more stopping power....like the 7.62 SCAR...I would definitely use a 7.62 round anyday....more stopping power and bang for your buck....and you don't have to go away from the classic M-4 look.....

I liked carrying the M-4 carbine...But the Marines got it right by going with that new M203 system...it holds what 6 rounds??? You can do alot of damage with that puppy... And it looks like the Army is trying to get rid of the ole M249. I know ours were getting beat up, and we got new barrels and stocks constantly.
            sigpic
            R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

Camels in Afghanistan...my Humvee got blown up in Iraq...and I got awarded a Marine K-Bar & a Cert. Comm. in 1992 for 1/5 Super Squad @ 62 area.

And I carried a camera once inawhile. got some cool pix throughout my career.
              Attached Files
              sigpic

Comment

I carried hopes and dreams in my ruck..but they got taken from me... So now I walk the line.
                sigpic

Comment

combat camera

NSB and one of my Marine Bros... Aco. 1/5, 2nd PLT @ Camp Fuji, Japan...and me and Doc in Okinawa, Japan 1987 Camp Hansen...goofing off.
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic

Comment

AT-4's...we carried them in Afghanistan...but not in Iraq...cause it caused too much collateral damage, the higher ups told us this B.S.....50cal, you get to carry the AT-4?
                    sigpic

Comment

on my first wastpac we got volunteered for ship reaction force. the best part was we got to use the navys armoury and they had those old dogs in there. i fell in love with the M14, the M1 and 1911's our first sargent gave us the lowdown on these babys and some stories of course.

twice after singapore the next ship pulled this tow behind and we got to bust caps at it. standing on the flight deck aiming in on these targets was pretty much a joke but memorable.

we sat there and rubbed them back to clean, haha and loved it
                      thanks dad for showing me the way, teaching me the language, and not leaving my mother...*L*

*RoUg3 MoD sTaTuS*

Comment

Seen those M79's on ship...dang, thought those went the way of the dinosaur...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ndnsoldierboy View Post
                          AT-4's...we carried them in Afghanistan...but not in Iraq...cause it caused too much collateral damage, the higher ups told us this B.S.....50cal, you get to carry the AT-4?
                          one of my guys used it.....we carried it around with us in the vehicle.....LOL!!!!.....I was sure itching to use it though.....there's a video out from CNN that has us in there, and one of my guys uses an AT-4 to blow up a technical.....LOL!!!......the awesome power of that weapon is cool.......but, we carried it around for the most part during the Phase 1.....didn't get to use it Phase 2.......Afghanistan, just called in airstrikes or had the pigs unload on them......
                          sigpic

Comment

At least you got to use the AT-4 in Iraq. Our orders were to call our full bird Colonel ( Brigade CMDR) on the horn and get his blessing on using the AT-4 in OIF.

R.O.E. it can be a Mutha****** sometimes...
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I hear you................R.O.E and the Geneva Convention are full of shyt sometimes.............what I hated was ROE changed almost every 4-5 days without notice, you did something, then your getting your azz chewed because it was by ROE......LOL!!!!....and you just did the same exact thing couple of days before......ah well......still made for many a good time.........
                              sigpic

Comment

"here comes the boom!!!!....here comes the boom!!!!"..............LOL!!!......the new Milkor Mulitshot USA mark 14.......
                                sigpic

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.