No announcement yet.

Stuff you carried in combat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have the casualty cards anymore...but do have the 9-line.
    sigpic
    R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

Yesterday a soldier got shot by one of his own on my base, not by me or anyone I know here...it was an accident in training, good thing his SAPI plates are working...but there will be reprecussions for this incident.
      sigpic
      R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

50cal...hope all is well...I know you got a couple holes there...but ole haji can't take you out of the game yet.
        sigpic

Comment

hey buddy.....I'm alright...just got to get some body filler to patch myself up.....LOL!!!!......f*** haji.....LOL!!!
          sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

And we went to the field this morning...the unit we are SUPPOSED to be training had a weapon stolen from them recently. So, that training never got started today. Haven't heard the weapon was found or returned. But it sure does make the command of that group look like doo-doo.

Now, I have seen units misplace a weapon, or have lose one and have it returned. But never seen one get stolen for good. Everyone who is deploying is supposed to carry his or her issued M249, M16A2, M9, M-4, M-203 with them at all times.

Just another day in the Army...gawd, I miss the corps....
            sigpic

Comment

oh shyt...it gets frustrating at this base I'm at...the Reservists, and National Guard soldiers at times astound with their stupidity. Some do not know how to load a weapon, carry a weapon, shoot, etc. Getting them to try and clean weapons is hard as well....I can't wait to return to an active duty base!!!

End of the year is what I'm sooooo looking forward too now.
              sigpic

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TPiBAZwgwg

shyt pond in Kandahar Airfield, Afghanistan...
                sigpic

Comment

I had with me in Honduras, an Eagle Bone whistle which was given to by a family from Kansas, a small eagle plume and feather, and 2 small bags of paint red and yellow. I carried them wrapped in a small cloth bundle in my alice pack.

Comment

Read about that soldier killing those other soldies at Camp Liberty, Iraq recently...oh damn...personally, I hope he gets gets the same as those he killed.
                    sigpic

Comment

what about clean undies? Do you guys carry a good supply of clean undies in combat? If your answer is something other than, "yes mom, I do!" Then don't tell me about it! Don't tell me how long you've had them on either!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tha mom View Post
                        what about clean undies? Do you guys carry a good supply of clean undies in combat? If your answer is something other than, "yes mom, I do!" Then don't tell me about it! Don't tell me how long you've had them on either!!!
                        carried 4 extra, changed them out every week..........so you could say I had a months supply..........LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

and if you turned them inside out every other week, you'd have an even longer supply!!
                          EEEEWWWWW!

Comment

Not carrying much these daze...just a pen and notebook and waiting for the end of the year and get back to the REAL Army.
                            sigpic

Comment

Ok I'm bored here at work! The boss is gone on vacation! So! while that cats away!.... Aye! I'll do enough work to keep my butt outta trouble! Even if it is my middle name! LOLtrouble! not butt!! I could already sense what 50 was gonna write about next!

Comment

Oh yeah! FINALLY!! My youngest one graduates from high school tonight!! With honors! Twlelve years of yelling 5 mornings a week," Get that brown butt outta of bed and ready for school!! 12 years of phone calls, " mom I can't find my lunch card! So I look all over the house tear everything upside down! Only 2 have her call and say, " Oh sorry mom it was at the bottom of my back pack!! 7 years of following middle school and high school sports! Four years of looking boys at my front door asking for her. Thinking what does she see in this coyote? Well my baby girl graduates tonight and then in the morning. Instead of being with her class on the Senior trip. She'll be on her way up to the tribes youth camp as one of the camps councelors! Welcome to the adult world baby girl! Where ya gotta pass up the fun stuff to go to work!! I'm proud of my beautiful smart daughter! She goes against the saying the beauty and brains don't mix!! So! My fellow natives across this grand nation! I carried with me into combat
                                everyday for my kids, lots of true luv, stern voice that changes into music at a moments notice, prayers and faith that kept them out of car wecks,kept them outta jail. It will be all worth it when I watch her march across that platform with her eagle feather in her graduation cap, and honor cords around her shoulders. She is on her way! The first part of the battle is over, let me catch my breath and drink a pepsi and then its on to another fight! Excuse me while I go gather my weapons for this next portion of combat! AHO!!!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.