No announcement yet.

Stuff you carried in combat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking the military paper today, Afghanistan is really getting busy now...Lots of activity all over the country, not just Kabul, and the Pakistani border...the southern and central areas are getting hit daily now.
    sigpic
    R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

The news from Afghanistan so far has been good. I read my old unit, 1/5 is there now... The Helmand province is tough...was there in 2003....
      sigpic
      R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

Still waiting on my orders to head to Germany. Maybe this week they arrive at my base.
        sigpic

Comment

Great thread ndnsoldierboy!I've really been enjoying it thanks for starting it
          So I got a question for you guys on here.
          What do you want to hear or tell the folks at home?What do you need us to say or do to show you our support ,respect and appreciation?
          Forgive me if it sounds redundant or smarmy or whatever.
          But as some one who has been out there is still out there,what do you think?

Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: Rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.
          - Solomon

Comment

the only thing I want to hear is we should win....and don't forget those who have given their lives and this was all not in vain.
            sigpic

Comment

My grandfather was in WWII and reading this thread made me think of him and it brought a smile to my face. He carried with him, all across Europe and Africa, a Nazi cigarette case. He was special services and was often asked to detain and interrogate suspects. He took the case off of a Nazi soldier because it had Lucky Strikes in it, which meant he stole them off of an American soldier. He took that case home with him and when he passed on he left it to me. It still has the cigarettes in it, nine of them. I'm not sure what it's worth today but it is safely tucked away, will never be sold for ANY money, and will be passed down to my daughter. I just hope that I can do his story justice. I also have pictures of him dressed in a Nazi uniform to go undercover, in a turban, with an Ethiopian tribe, in Egypt at the Sphinx, and money from every country he was in.

Those of you serving are never forgotten, nor are your brothers in arms who have made the ultimate sacrifice. I think of you all every day, as someone who has family and friends in the service. You're in our prayers, always.
              You're never fully dressed without a smile!

Comment

Originally posted by moonlightdancer View Post
                My grandfather was in WWII and reading this thread made me think of him and it brought a smile to my face. He carried with him, all across Europe and Africa, a Nazi cigarette case. He was special services and was often asked to detain and interrogate suspects. He took the case off of a Nazi soldier because it had Lucky Strikes in it, which meant he stole them off of an American soldier. He took that case home with him and when he passed on he left it to me. It still has the cigarettes in it, nine of them. I'm not sure what it's worth today but it is safely tucked away, will never be sold for ANY money, and will be passed down to my daughter. I just hope that I can do his story justice. I also have pictures of him dressed in a Nazi uniform to go undercover, in a turban, with an Ethiopian tribe, in Egypt at the Sphinx, and money from every country he was in.

Those of you serving are never forgotten, nor are your brothers in arms who have made the ultimate sacrifice. I think of you all every day, as someone who has family and friends in the service. You're in our prayers, always.
                Thanks for sharing...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by moonlightdancer View Post

cool story....Thanks.
                  sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

As I type this I know my new Brigade is already in Iraq. Not sure if I get to join them at a later date, or will I just sit in Germany and wait for them to return. My money is on "they will send me". Its all about numbers...

Actually I would like to go to Iraq, afterall...ain't doing much, and the Iraq war is almost over.
                    sigpic

Comment

• thanks for trading the entertaining war stories guys! that made for good reading.

Comment

• marine thriller

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-Xh8...eature=related

Comment

• marine smooth criminal

http://youtube.com/watch?v=k11Zxbeye_g&NR=1

Comment

• Looks like my Brigade is in Ramadi...the Marines just left and now the 1st Armored Division is taking over there AO (area of operations) till the war is handed over completely to the Iraqi Army.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Ndnsoldierboy View Post
                              Looks like my Brigade is in Ramadi...the Marines just left and now the 1st Armored Division is taking over there AO (area of operations) till the war is handed over completely to the Iraqi Army.
                              hope your return is uneventful and you all make it home safe.

Comment

• ...and now another change....going to Afghanistan instead of Iraq...I look forward to the challenge that is laid out before me.

I will be getting a campaign star on my ole Afghanistan Campaign medal...I like that.

I got a star on my Iraq medal already...
                                sigpic

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.