No announcement yet.

Stuff you carried in combat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• training has been tough...movement to contact, react to contact, etc. good stuff...

Also, did a 34 mile force march on cinco de mayo....of course I made it. Took my company 12 hours to complete.
    sigpic
    R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

• wow bro, that sounds tough.

Comment

• will be doing more counter insurgency training...its all in a days work.

sigpic
        R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

• stay sharp brave heart(that rhymes) lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Ndnsoldierboy View Post
            will be doing more counter insurgency training...its all in a days work.

Doin' all the good. Hang Tough. !!!

Comment

• its official today...I have made it to 20 years active duty...time spent in the USMC and US Army infantry now...

Still got some more years to do...I figure 3-4 more years should do it.

Whiskey Echo Bravo, out.
              sigpic

Comment

its official today...I have made it to 20 years active duty...time spent in the USMC and US Army infantry now...

Still got some more years to do...I figure 3-4 more years should do it.

Whiskey Echo Bravo, out.
                roger that!

way to go nsb!

Comment

• All training is done, medical, admin stuff, getting new gear is complete, now just waiting on the bird to fly us to Kabul, Afghanistan.
                  sigpic

Comment

All training is done, medical, admin stuff, getting new gear is complete, now just waiting on the bird to fly us to Kabul, Afghanistan.
                    Good luck to ya NSB, we'll be talking to ya !!!

Alpha, Bravo, Charlie that !!

Comment

• We got lots of cold weather gear...but nothing like we had the last time I was in-country. We don't have any of the arctic mittens. Believe we needed them back in December 2003.

And we don't have any of the cold weather goretex boots? WTF? I do happen to have my goretex boots I never wore in Iraq, so at least I can take those with me.
                      sigpic

Comment

• That's no good.
                        Insufficient cold weather gear is no joke!!
                        Do you have to deal with snow as well? Or just extreme cold?
                        Last edited by MCKiemle; 06-30-2010, 11:51 AM.

Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: Rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.
                        - Solomon

Comment

• I've dealt with both in Afghanistan.
                          sigpic

Comment

• 10 and a wake up now...
                            sigpic

Comment

• Got the ole good ole M40 pro mask today...have to change the filter to the right side tho...I shoot left handed.
                              sigpic

Comment

• arrived in Afghanistan 03 Aug....funny cause I landed seven year ago same day back in 2003. Got a ride in the C-130, and it was the Minnesota Air Guard hooking us up.
                                sigpic

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.