Food in the Millitary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food in the Millitary

It generally gets a pretty bad reputation in the general population (esspecially MREs) What's your opinion of it?
    I'm not responsible for my actions, I just do what the voices tell me to do.

my tax dollars could definately get me better food..............
    sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

doesn't matter too me what's on the menu..
      sigpic
      R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

MRE's are waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than C rats and K rats
        Beans and Mutherfckrs 3 square gets old after a while

Best food is Airforce Dining Facilities
        Worse is Army Chow halls
        Navy was good unless you were on ship then there is only so much you could do with rice we were too far out for supply lines...
        ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
        Till I Die!

Comment

Originally posted by Josiah View Post
          MRE's are waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than C rats and K rats
          Beans and Mutherfckrs 3 square gets old after a while

Best food is Airforce Dining Facilities
          Worse is Army Chow halls
          Navy was good unless you were on ship then there is only so much you could do with rice we were too far out for supply lines...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          This was a thread that was brought up b-4 ...but this is pretty much true. Well, the Corps chowhall in Korea did suck. Everywhere else was good though.

I'll take some S.O.S. now.
          sigpic
          R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

Originally posted by Ndnsoldierboy View Post
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
            This was a thread that was brought up b-4 ...but this is pretty much true. Well, the Corps chowhall in Korea did suck. Everywhere else was good though.

I'll take some S.O.S. now.
            To this day I still like SOS and even Sliders
            Gotta have red bugjuice with it though
            And rice lots of rice
            ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
            Till I Die!

Comment

Originally posted by Josiah View Post
              To this day I still like SOS and even Sliders
              Gotta have red bugjuice with it though
              And rice lots of rice

SOS was even served at my ole NDN boarding school in Riverside, CA. It was pretty good. And yup, gotta have the redbug juice.
              sigpic

Comment

best mre: spaghetti
                Last edited by Ndnsoldierboy; 04-13-2009, 01:25 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

worst mre is: jumbalaya
                  sigpic

Comment

Best and worst, new and old

hmm as far as best MRE would have to be
                    Beef stew when they use to have cheese in it...yummy
                    worst would have to be beef frankfutters...eww gross.

between the new MRE's and Old ones i guess they are
                    bout the same tasting just new cover, and lil more choices in what you want in them.

Perfect MRE
                    Beef Stew w/cheese
                    chocolate bar
                    kool aid drink grape
                    and krackers.

you have to go into like three different MRE's to get that perfect meal.

Comment

that's funny.....I made SOS the other day at home....LOL!!!.....

I thought you guys might like this one.... MREInfo - Menu XXVIII (2008)

My favorite would have to be the chili mac cuz it wa probably the only one that came close to tasting like it...LOL!!!....then the 4 fingers of death!!!!.....that stuff was awesome......worse one would have been the bean and rice burrito....freaking nasty!!!!.....
                      sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

Forgot about those sorry azz vegetarian MRE's, sick stuff...
                        sigpic

Comment

the veggie burger wasn't too bad....needed a lot of tabasco.....LOL!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

You should hear what my dad says about WWII army food. For example, there was the chocolate candy with rice...only it wasn't rice because it was still alive and it wriggled! He claims he ate it anyway because he paid for it. Knowing my dad, I can believe it.

Comment

1987 South Korea...the Marine Chow hall @ Camp Mu Chuk had lots of rice, raisins, and ham...so they mixed all three of these together for about 3 weeks for breakfast, lunch and dinner...ugh, it was a long 3 weeks back then.

Ahhhh....the good ole daze...where are they now...???
                              sigpic

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X