Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vets and Obama admin do not mix.....

Napolitano apologizes to veterans over 'extremist' flap
    • <LI class=cnnHiliteHeader _extended="true">Story Highlights <LI _extended="true">Homeland Security report says veterans could be recruited by right-wing extremists <LI _extended="true">Homeland Security chief apologizes for "any offense caused by this report' <LI _extended="true">Napolitano says document was released before it was ready <LI _extended="true">American Legion commander accepts apology, says it's time to move on
    • Next Article in Politics ยป

By Eric Marrapodi
    CNN

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano apologized Friday for a department assessment that suggested returning combat veterans could be recruited by right-wing extremist groups.
    Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano says she offered her "sincere apologies for any offense."

She met with American Legion National Commander David Rehbein at Homeland Security headquarters.
    "The secretary started the meeting with an apology to me personally, to the American Legion and to the entire veterans community," Rehbein told reporters after the meeting.
    In a statement issued by the department, Napolitano said, "We connected meaningfully about the important issues that have emerged over recent days, and I offered him my sincere apologies for any offense to our veterans caused by this report. ... I pledge that the department has fixed the internal process that allowed this document to be released before it was ready."
    The report was an unclassified assessment sent to law enforcement agencies. It was titled "Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment."
    The mention of combat veterans surfaced on a conservative radio program earlier this month, and it drew the scorn of commentators and conservative members of Congress. Rep. John Carter, R -Texas, called on Napolitano to resign.
    Don't Miss

Rehbein said Friday it is time to move forward.

"In the mind of the American Legion, I think her apology was sufficient," he said. "The way the Vietnam veterans were treated once they came home, that's what drives the sensitivity to this, because those things start small and then grow from there, and we need to make sure anytime something like that happens we need to step on that and make sure it goes away very quickly." E-mail to a friend

Share this on:

Mixx Digg Facebook del.icio.us reddit StumbleUpon MySpace

| Mixx it | Share
    sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

wow, according to Napolitano and the Hussein administration......I'm gonna go fight for the other team???????????.............What a crock of shyt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..................and these are the people koolaid drinkers elected............
    sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

I don't know 50 - she might need you back to defend our northern border from those dangerous Canadians - that woman is an idiot. If you read some of the comments on news reports with her sticking her foot in it a lot of them are from Arizonans who are just glad she's gone and don't ever want her back. Kind of tells you something, don't it?

None of his administration makes sense. Tax cheats leading the Treasury department? An Attorney General who calls us a "nation of cowards?" And then Obama goes out all over the world apologizing for us. I just don't see how there's going to be much left of our country by the time he can be voted out.

Comment

I'm glad she's gone......now I don't have to suffer from her stupid crap...oh wait she's a part of the current administration...never mind, I'm stuck with it......LOL!!!..........yeah, we better stay on our toes from those dangerous canadiens......LOL!!!!.....you know th efunny thing is???.......wher the he11 did all his supporters go????????.....they were like flies on shyt during the campaign and now they pop up only once in awhile.......maybe ashamed that they are finally realizing he IS not a good judgment of character after all????.......LOL!!!!
        sigpic

Comment

I've been wondering the same thing. The thing is, nobody really knew him.. They all just jumped on the bandwagon. I listen to Sean Hannity sometimes, and he does these man on the street interviews in New York City, asking questions of people who voted for Obama, usually people in their early 20s. Once they get through the conversation with him it's amazing how many admit that they didn't really make an informed decision. For example, this one girl the other night said she knew who Joe Biden was - said he was a rapper .

The other night EVERYBODY he talked to said that they thought waterboarding or other forms of extracting information were NECESSARY if you want to keep this country safe. And yet our government says it was ALL WRONG to do so and now want to prosecute those who said it was legally okay.

I don't know why the Obama administration can't just shut up and be happy they won the election without trying to find ways to punish those who don't agree with them. Is this the US or the USSR?

Comment

I was gonna put down Obama and his legion of morons but, I would be wasting my time...

Obama is doing a sorry a$$ job so far...and its only been what, 100 days?
            sigpic
            R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X