Memorial Day 2009...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial Day 2009...

How will you spend your weekend?......I'm going to my friends gravesite.....then call my other friends mothers........Semper Fi to all you Warriors out there................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpLdrvPHYVg
    sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Paying my respects to my Dad (5-22-08) WWII Veteran, and all other fallen veterans. Thank you Fifty Cal for doing what you do!!
    Last edited by soopashinaab; 05-22-2009, 03:00 PM.
    I'm innocent I tell ya!!!

Comment

ill be in Ignacio, Colorado . . . Walk of the Warrior

thats what u get 4 breaking my heart...

Comment

Props to ALL veterans and military men and women, you have MORE than earned it. Have a great and safe holiday!

Comment

Tonight is the Candle Light Vigil at the VN War Memorial, Sunday is Rolling Thunder - visits to Arlington in and amongst all that.

Comment

We've got a soldier home on leave from Afghanistan. Feast at my house all weekend, grilled ribs and stuff. Bonfire out back. Songs and stories.
            Disclaimer: Eyes and I are friends no matter what our evil twins say on the rhyme thread.

Comment

Welcome home to your soldier!!!!................Much love to all who served and made the sacrifices........especially the ultimate sacrifice..............to all my brothers who fell in battle............
              sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

I will be working on Memorial Day weekend...getting soldiers ready for Iraq. Still doing the instructor job at my base...

R.I.P. To those who gave their Lives in combat.
                sigpic
                R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

We still call it Decoration day
                  at our Family Cemetery near Lost City we decorate all our graves and place flags on our Veterans Grave sites
                  It looks like a sea of flags, we have veterans going back to the civil war...

Its a day of remembrance and of course there will be food for any gathering of more than 2 there will be food...
                  ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                  Till I Die!

Comment

There are services at a park downtown..I'll go there to honor the fallen warriors, especially the ones who died in the Vietnam War. There's a couple on that list that we played together as kids.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by Joe's Dad View Post
                      There are services at a park downtown..I'll go there to honor the fallen warriors, especially the ones who died in the Vietnam War. There's a couple on that list that we played together as kids.
                      Yes, me too. After many years, it is still heart wrenching. They will never be forgotten.

Comment

I will call my dad, who is a WWII vet, the last in his family, and have a nice long phone visit.

I will be thinking of his brothers, my uncles, also WWII vets, who have passed on.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X