female vets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• female vets

looking to chat with other native female vets.
    did you feel we were treated any different than other women, from other cultures?
    me? usn ret. (20 yr) avaition

I didn't think so. when I went through Basic training everyone wasn't sure which ethnicity I was. It was like a guessing game for them.

While working at the bases i didn't notice i was treated differently by anyone except when I went to Germany, all the german housekeeps at our base were all excited to meet me. felt like a celebrity... ayyeee
    The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

me? in iceland, they were thrilled when they found out what i was. maids at the barracks treated me great. that, and i let them borrow my jigsaw puzzles. :-)

i tended to get into trouble because i couldn't quit telling the guys when they were doing something wrong. no problem if they told me. but my last command just didn't like women who stood up.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• owleyes
        First PowWow ever...
        by owleyes
        Went to my first PowWow yesterday, (Saturday). Thought I'd tell you all what I thought about it. It was in TN, and I'm not going to say exactly where, because I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings in case they are on here too, but I must say that I was a bit disappointed. Part of that may have been...
        08-15-2004, 08:19 AM
      • *Mystic*
        Don't make me cause a Scene!!
        by *Mystic*
        The other day when I was on the bus, I overheard these two girls talking down about Native Americans. One of the girls was "White" & the other was "Black." The both of them was only sitting 2 seats away from me.

They were going on & on, saying that NDN's were
        10-31-2005, 06:26 PM
      • OneidaDreamer
        "Owl's Gift"
        by OneidaDreamer
        Last night I was walking through a field with forest surrounding it. After a short while, I spied two giant Great Horned Owls soaring through the sky. They seemed a mated pair. Or actually I was told by my medicine.

Suddenly the female dove at the male, and made him drop the kill he was...
        12-17-2006, 10:17 AM
      • wa-zha-zhe
        Legends and Myths
        by wa-zha-zhe
        Would any one be willing to share some of their tribal myths or legends? When I was a kid growing up with friends and relatives we would always talk about things like not whistling at night, Little People, Deerwoman, etc., usually at night when we were outside playing, trying to scare one another....
        02-01-2005, 01:47 PM
      • Smokin' Ace
        Native women were told not to smudge sweetgrass
        by Smokin' Ace
        Indianz.Com. In Print.
        Indianz.Com > News > Native women were told not to smudge sweetgrass

Native women were told not to smudge sweetgrass
        Monday, March 3, 2008
        Filed Under: First Nations

A group of Native women who were meeting in Winnipeg,...
        03-05-2008, 05:55 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X