Remembering the Men and Women Who Made the Ultimate Sacrifice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remembering the Men and Women Who Made the Ultimate Sacrifice

Praying for the families of those whose sons and daughters, fathers and mothers, uncles and aunts who've given their lives to protect this land.

Got up early and set out my eagle staff and played this !
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/21d5Sg_C2Ac" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
    It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Then for my relatives in the north !
      <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/i3ZKel3HTlk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

I could never sing , but just listening made me tear up ! I pray for all those families that have lost. Even we (Eyes and myself) have lost many this year.

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

And for Ol'C and her ancestors !
          <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xGEESYfZt5A" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Here is an attempt to honor our German friends ! I apologize if this is out of line or inappropriate.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3Y1Z1y2PSNw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Originally posted by wardancer View Post
              Here is an attempt to honor our German friends ! I apologize if this is out of line or inappropriate.

We are a divided Nation on that theme since World War II. To me it is in the line and appropiate. It is still part of a funeral with military honours of the German Bundeswehr.

That song was composed during the Napoleonic Wars and published in 1812.

We sang that song at School during Music lessons. We had a teacher of 70 years back than.

Ich hatt einen Kameraden,
              einen bessern findst du nicht.
              Die Trommel schlug zum Streite,
              er ging an meiner Seite
              im gleichen Schritt und Tritt,
              im gleichen Schritt und Tritt.

Eine Kugel kam geflogen:
              Gilt sie mir gilt sie dir?
              Ihn hat es weggerissen,
              er liegt vor meinen Füßen,
              als wärs ein Stück von mir.

Will mir die Hand noch reichen,
              derweil ich eben lad:
              Kann dir die Hand nicht geben,
              bleib du im ewgen Leben
              mein guter Kamerad!

I had a comrade,
              you'll never find a better one.
              The drum was beating for a fight,
              he walked by my side
              in the same step and kick,
              in the same step and kick.

A bullet came flying:
              Is it meant for me?
              It tore him away,
              he lies at my feet,
              like it was a piece of me.

Still want to give me a hand,
              while I load:
              I can't shake your hand,
              you stay in eternal life
              my good comrade!
              Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
              Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
              Show me, and I will understand.
              Involve me, and I will learn.”
              Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
              Courage to change the things I can,
              And wisdom to know the difference.
              Living one day at a time,
              Enjoying one moment at a time,
              Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
              (Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)

Comment

Originally posted by Broken Arrow View Post
                We are a divided Nation on that theme since World War II. To me it is in the line and appropiate. It is still part of a funeral with military honours of the German Bundeswehr.

That song was composed during the Napoleonic Wars and published in 1812.

We sang that song at School during Music lessons. We had a teacher of 70 years back than.

Ich hatt einen Kameraden,
                einen bessern findst du nicht.
                Die Trommel schlug zum Streite,
                er ging an meiner Seite
                im gleichen Schritt und Tritt,
                im gleichen Schritt und Tritt.

Eine Kugel kam geflogen:
                Gilt sie mir gilt sie dir?
                Ihn hat es weggerissen,
                er liegt vor meinen Füßen,
                als wärs ein Stück von mir.

Will mir die Hand noch reichen,
                derweil ich eben lad:
                Kann dir die Hand nicht geben,
                bleib du im ewgen Leben
                mein guter Kamerad!

I had a comrade,
                you'll never find a better one.
                The drum was beating for a fight,
                he walked by my side
                in the same step and kick,
                in the same step and kick.

A bullet came flying:
                Is it meant for me?
                It tore him away,
                he lies at my feet,
                like it was a piece of me.

Still want to give me a hand,
                while I load:
                I can't shake your hand,
                you stay in eternal life
                my good comrade!
                Many of our songs (of all tribes) contain similar messages/stories. I hoped it would be honorable.

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Originally posted by wardancer View Post
                  Many of our songs (of all tribes) contain similar messages/stories. I hoped it would be honorable.
                  It is.

It is a very sad song and music. And it is not heroic glorification of war and death.

During the Napoleonic war, Germany was divided in many princely states and some large states with the effect, some were than French controlled, that neighbours fought for the French and against the French and killing each other.

Interpretation
                  THere are other interpretations and since 1949 there is controversy about the song. Depends, whom you ask.
                  Those who know do not write and those who write may not know. Frank W. Louis, No such Agency

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
                  Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
                  Show me, and I will understand.
                  Involve me, and I will learn.”
                  Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                  Courage to change the things I can,
                  And wisdom to know the difference.
                  Living one day at a time,
                  Enjoying one moment at a time,
                  Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
                  (Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)

Comment

God bless the soldier who laid down his life so that we may continue to live.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.