No announcement yet.

Native Veterans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK I HAVE SEE THAT TO AND AS OF RIGHT AS I TYPE THIS I'M IN IRAQ SO IF SOMEONE IS TAKING OUR LIME-LIGHT THEN IT IS WRONG COMPLETELY.

Comment

agrees with bear
      "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

Comment

just my opinion

If you are a veteran wannabe, you suck. You need to grow a pair, sign up, and move out and draw fire. Just my opinion.
        DANG, don't hate me because i'm beautiful!!!!

Comment

People amaze me...claiming veteran status...even when they never served...but...they always get caught...because they don't realize...we know things they will never experience...
          sigpicWe spend a lifetime worrying about if we make a difference....Marines don't have that problem.

Comment

I would like to give mad props to Paul LYNN Oxendine and Ricky Oxendine JR. who are over in Iraq kicking azz!!!!! Much love and keep safe3:clapping:
            Fool me once, shame on u. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Comment

Originally posted by amo
              Depends on what you did for the people
              Was it something acculturally significant to the people's way of life......
              Did he/she dance at a young age....
              Is it taught by the patorial family (Uncles....so on so fort)......
              Did he/she go to the mountains to seek out a power....
              Do they (he/she) have a boy's Indian name or man's Name....
              Is their father still alive to give them their man's Indian name....
              Are they (parents separated) for their boy/girl to get one Indian name....
              Daring skills smoke jumpers, firefighters, ect.......
              The family was handed down from time of war between ourselves and the United States or other (french, brits).....
              Painted eagle feather or scalps from other Indian Bands pre war time.....
              They (he/she) could not go to war present becasue they were the only child in the family to carry on the namesake....
              They (he/she) are recognized by the people for epic battles between the U.S. vs. the Indians....
              Your Indian world comes first for the people...to spiritually heal other people or tell the future what is going to happen......
              A spiritual gift for the good of the people to help mankind.....
              Military for U.S. Armed Forces individual(s) that join to serve their people and country is different in repsects to:
              Article 13 or 14 that most Indian(s) plea(s) to get out of the service because of the wording in the Treaties "...shall not bear arms against the United States...".....
              They Indians that serve for one or two years get out because of the Articles 13 or 14 in the USMJC.....
              I observe no shame in this if this is what they (Indians servicemen short term) wanted to do...it done....
              Pow Wow's are different in regards to warfare amongst Indian to Indian to honor the eagle feather in highest regards....
              Thus, mentioned above about spiritual helper or healing process for the people.....
              Most people acting in part of history tell this to somebody in respect honor and give something (material wealth or monatory to drummers, dancers or people)....
              Pow Wow's MC's or headman/woman dancers, floor man/woman, or whipman/woman all should know this in the first place....that is why they are choosen to lead in their positions.....
              Most say if they Men/women who served the full term of duties and get an Honorable Discharge from the United States Armred Forces...they earned it...others claim that is not right if a man/woman serve and quit claiming the above mentioned USMJC...
              they are in the right to dance in the Veteran's dance...
              Its up to the Pow Wow Committee to let who, what, where and how a Vet can participate....
              Is it just me or is it hard to understand what the hell kind of point this guys trying to give off. Ammo: are you writing a poem or what casue it's hard to know what the hell you're talking about with all those "...." :34:

Comment

Originally posted by hummingrose
                Is it just me or is it hard to understand what the hell kind of point this guys trying to give off. Ammo: are you writing a poem or what casue it's hard to know what the hell you're talking about with all those "...." :34:

Listen lady. I've had just about enough of your friggen disrespect and ignorance here on the forums. Now...why ask amo what he is talking about like that? Why can't you just simply and respectfully ask him to explain himself better if you cannot understand the post. There is no need to be sarcastic!!!! I wish the moderators would ban you from posting here. You are the one of the most totally ignorant people I've come across on here.
                "Gaa wiin daa-aangoshkigaazo ahaw enaabiyaan gaa-inaabid"

Comment

Geez, just let people be themselves! Can't we all just live in peace.

If you know that someone is dancing in a veteran's circle and KNOW that he/she is not veteran, stand up and say something. Why cry to others and complain, go up to that person privately and acknowledge your concerns?

I've been in 7 years and still active, I don't go around crying wolf about how many ribbons I got or battle scars I have, but geez don't disrespect people you dont' know. If they served, bravo zulu on their part. Give them a handshake for it, but don't discredit their time and service.

That's what's wrong with the world today, all we do is complain. Who agrees with me?

Comment

I was thinking the same thing, what was Amo's point????

As for HummingBirdRose, please keep the language clean.

What was the policy on this website? Go back and read it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chindi_Slayer
                      That's what's wrong with the world today, all we do is complain. Who agrees with me?

Yak yak yak, LOL. JK......

Don't kill me next time you see me.....JK........I agree wit you.....Too many people complain about things that are none of their concern. If it bothers some of you people that much, pull them aside and talk to them about it. Have you considered that some of these people who wear ribbons or a unit insignia patch or a branch of service patch might be doing it for relatives???? Maybe they are out there representing their grandfathers or grandmothers who served during WW1 or 2....or maybe their aunties, uncles, brothers, sisters, fathers or mothers???? Like they say, you can't judge a book by its cover. You have to open it and turn the page, then you find what you're looking for. On the other hand, if they are claiming this status of being a veteran, then hell, knock 'em on their a$$ and show them a thing or two.

Just my opinion.............
                      sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

Well, me having done nine years in the Navy I think it is just plain wrong for someone to fake being a veteran! We all did our sevice and here they come faking it, I DON'T THINK SO! Not while I had to scrub decks, paint, and some other things that gave me time to reflect on my life while I was in some third world country!
                        Stomp dancing all night long

Comment

Originally posted by lovlie1
                          Not while I had to scrub decks, paint, and some other things that gave me time to reflect on my life while I was in some third world country!
                          Is that all you did???? That's a lot of time to reflect...

I did my time also, and in most Marines' point of view, you had it easy... While we do hate the "fake" vets, you oughta consider the fact that some families do represent their veterans when they are not there or can not dance for themselves... You need to think about that... Like I said, turn that page. Understand it before you say things and brag about your time in the navy...

Semper Fi!!!!!!!
                          sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

Originally posted by 50calNDN
                            Is that all you did???? That's a lot of time to reflect...

I did my time also, and in most Marines' point of view, you had it easy... While we do hate the "fake" vets, you oughta consider the fact that some families do represent their veterans when they are not there or can not dance for themselves... You need to think about that... Like I said, turn that page. Understand it before you say things and brag about your time in the navy...

Semper Fi!!!!!!!
                            By no means do I brag about my time in. You are right I do not know the situation of why someone is dancing in the circle during the veteran song. But the question asked was how de we veterans feel if someone who fakes the funk.

P.S. I did do more then that, it was just an insight of some of things military folks have to do. Barely do I ever talk of my time in the Navy. If I do most likely it is about something fun in some place that I did. I am very greatful and humble to have served in the Navy. I learned, saw and met folks that I probaly would not have ever gotten the chance to meet! It broaden my perspective.

So don't get me wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by lovlie1
                              By no means do I brag about my time in. You are right I do not know the situation of why someone is dancing in the circle during the veteran song. But the question asked was how de we veterans feel if someone who fakes the funk.

P.S. I did do more then that, it was just an insight of some of things military folks have to do. Barely do I ever talk of my time in the Navy. If I do most likely it is about something fun in some place that I did. I am very greatful and humble to have served in the Navy. I learned, saw and met folks that I probaly would not have ever gotten the chance to meet! It broaden my perspective.

So don't get me wrong!
                              Okay, so maybe it was a misunderstanding on my part. I took your earlier comment as an attack on me, LOL. So I had to put up a hasty defense. LOL I thank you for your time and dedication in the military. My wife is also in the Navy, so we go head to head on work. You know, the Marine-Navy team, blue-green. LOL Anyway, enjoy your day..........
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 50calNDN
                                Okay, so maybe it was a misunderstanding on my part. I took your earlier comment as an attack on me, LOL. So I had to put up a hasty defense. LOL I thank you for your time and dedication in the military. My wife is also in the Navy, so we go head to head on work. You know, the Marine-Navy team, blue-green. LOL Anyway, enjoy your day..........

No prob!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.