Should G Dubya be impeached?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should G Dubya be impeached?

I think he should for lying to us about Iraq's so called WMD and starting the war over there. What do you think?

No Bush shouldn't be impeached, alot of people, both Democrats and Republicans, have been fooled by Saddam. Also the Congress approved of military action in 2002. I listed some quotes from Democratic leaders in another post, i'll list them here as well.

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line." - President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." - President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face." - Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten time since 1983." - Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb 18,1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the US Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." - Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin (D-MI), Tom Daschle (D-SD), John Kerry (D - MA), and others Oct. 9,1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." - Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies." > - Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has invigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies." - Letter to President Bush, Signed by Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL,) and others, December 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandated of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them." - Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country." - Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power." - Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction." - Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..." - Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force-- if necessary-- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." - Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9,2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do" - Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaeda members.. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons." - Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction." - Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real" - Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

As you can see, Sadddam has been a thorn in the US's side for along time and everyone has agreed at some point that action needed to be taken.

Comment

Well alrighty then you brang up some good points therefore I'm givin' you some good rep. :D

Comment

well who started the war . k i dunno if this is the same thing but i dont know where to put or who to ask but NEwayz do u think there will b a great big war that will break out and the war will b so big it will end the world er wat u think and if one ever does do u think everyone has to fight ...lol im jus curious i didnt know who else to ask

Comment

I have to say this....I was one of the Marines in Beirut,back in 1983.Terrorists blew up ,both the American Embassy and the Marine Barracks(one in April ,the other in Oct)....and nothing was done about it...it has been proven that because of no action was taken...the terrorists felt they could do this more often and not suffer any consequences...the Palestinians used it effectively against the Isrealis,it was used against the World Trade Center back in the 90's,the Barracks in Saudi Arabia,the USS Cole,as well as countless others...Radical Islamics are usually the culprits,and they are funded by radical governments...i.e. Iraq,Afganistan,ect.Finally the terrorists struck at this country by using its own planes,to make a statement..We had someone in Office who finally had the guts to do something about it..to strike back at the terrorists but cutting their safe havens,and funding..Afganistan was first...its not over but things there are more calm then Iraq....Saddam has financed terrorists for years..everyone knew it..he had weapons of mass destruction...he even gassed the Kurds after the first Gulf War..hmmm a weapon of mass destruction in use..well over 10,000 people were killed,and many more were killed by his regime.. So now people want to impeach the man who had the guts to say...enough is enough?He knew he risked his popularity by doing this..but he felt it was the right thing to do...he asked the military to do this...and to this day..he stands behind them...an action that is noticed by the military and veterans alike...in the past the government has asked the military to do something....then stood back and allowed men ands women to die in vain...the Vietnam vets will agree with me here as well as the Beirut vets...We lost well over 277 lives..241 in one massive terrorist attack....for the 20th anniversery we asked for a stamp for the memorial of the Men who losts their lives...we were told by the US Postal Service it was an insignificant event in American history to warrant recognition.Anyways
          It maybe an unpopular choice G Dubya made but I for one appreciate the fact he puts his popularity on the line to stand up for what he feels is the right thing to do...How many other politicians can say that? We all know most will sway their opinions to stay on the popular side of the public opinion...
          War is hell...ask anyone who had to experience it first hand,but to be honest...I'd rather be fighting over there,then burying my loved ones over here....
          I know what I said is my opinion...and I talk from my own life experiences,but I have seen first hand what happens in war..you have to choose how you feel from your experiences..but understand where my words come from...
          sigpicWe spend a lifetime worrying about if we make a difference....Marines don't have that problem.

Comment

man ur kool peacekeeper

Comment

Bush should be impeached for lying to Congress.
              The war was a cover-up for his failure to find
              Osama bin Laden, and also part of a personal
              vendetta against Hussein, who he believes tried
              to assassinate Bush Sr. Hhssein was a threat
              mainly to his own people, but bin Laden is a threat
              to the entire world. And Bush has NO idea where
              bin Laden is--he could be in this country in disguise
              for all we know.

But there are also grounds for impeaching Cheney--
              conflict of interest. He awarded contracts to
              rebuild Iraq's infrastructure to his own company. If
              this isn't conflict of interest, I don't know what is.
              alamosaurus

Comment

Bush should be impeached for lying to Congress.
                The war was a cover-up for his failure to find
                Osama bin Laden, and also part of a personal
                vendetta against Hussein, who he believes tried
                to assassinate Bush Sr. Hhssein was a threat
                mainly to his own people, but bin Laden is a threat
                to the entire world. And Bush has NO idea where
                bin Laden is--he could be in this country in disguise
                for all we know.

alamosaurus

Comment

I think the war in Iraq could have been avoided. And it's getting worse over there with all these kidnappings and what not. And alot of people say this is a war over oil, and they say that the Bush family is in the oil business. So I'm like hmmm.....

Comment

Originally posted by Peacekeeper83
                    I have to say this....I was one of the Marines in Beirut,back in 1983.Terrorists blew up ,both the American Embassy and the Marine Barracks(one in April ,the other in Oct)....and nothing was done about it...it has been proven that because of no action was taken...the terrorists felt they could do this more often and not suffer any consequences...the Palestinians used it effectively against the Isrealis,it was used against the World Trade Center back in the 90's,the Barracks in Saudi Arabia,the USS Cole,as well as countless others...Radical Islamics are usually the culprits,and they are funded by radical governments...i.e. Iraq,Afganistan,ect.Finally the terrorists struck at this country by using its own planes,to make a statement..We had someone in Office who finally had the guts to do something about it..to strike back at the terrorists but cutting their safe havens,and funding..Afganistan was first...its not over but things there are more calm then Iraq....Saddam has financed terrorists for years..everyone knew it..he had weapons of mass destruction...he even gassed the Kurds after the first Gulf War..hmmm a weapon of mass destruction in use..well over 10,000 people were killed,and many more were killed by his regime.. So now people want to impeach the man who had the guts to say...enough is enough?He knew he risked his popularity by doing this..but he felt it was the right thing to do...he asked the military to do this...and to this day..he stands behind them...an action that is noticed by the military and veterans alike...in the past the government has asked the military to do something....then stood back and allowed men ands women to die in vain...the Vietnam vets will agree with me here as well as the Beirut vets...We lost well over 277 lives..241 in one massive terrorist attack....for the 20th anniversery we asked for a stamp for the memorial of the Men who losts their lives...we were told by the US Postal Service it was an insignificant event in American history to warrant recognition.Anyways
                    It maybe an unpopular choice G Dubya made but I for one appreciate the fact he puts his popularity on the line to stand up for what he feels is the right thing to do...How many other politicians can say that? We all know most will sway their opinions to stay on the popular side of the public opinion...
                    War is hell...ask anyone who had to experience it first hand,but to be honest...I'd rather be fighting over there,then burying my loved ones over here....
                    I know what I said is my opinion...and I talk from my own life experiences,but I have seen first hand what happens in war..you have to choose how you feel from your experiences..but understand where my words come from...
                    Thanks for sharing your personal views. Your honest peacekeeper and that's why I take your comments to the heart. I'm a little wiser from reading your post so again thanks for sharing. Lookin forward to seeing you around. Take care. Peace+

Comment

I wish he were; but it's better to make sure to tell everyone to get out there and place their votes on election day, thank goodness we are able to vote in someone new every four years!!!

Comment

Originally posted by alamosaurus
                        In other words, he would fit into *some* tribal governments just perfectly.
                        "Friends don't let friends drink decaf..."
                        Wakalapi's $49 unlimited phone service www.49deal.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wakalapi
                          In other words, he would fit into *some* tribal governments just perfectly.
                          Yeah like the navajo tribal government........LOL
                          sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

Originally posted by G. Bee
                            I think the war in Iraq could have been avoided. And it's getting worse over there with all these kidnappings and what not. And alot of people say this is a war over oil, and they say that the Bush family is in the oil business. So I'm like hmmm.....
                            got this link in an email from a friend from college today - fit's this line of thinking...

http://www.geocities.com/~butt79/weird/iraq.htm

Agree or disagree - it's still pretty clever!

GJJudd - :worthy: great info, points for :rtf: with style!
                            Peacekeeper - :medal!: thank you for serving this country! :Heart

Comment

Originally posted by bettles
                              I wish he were; but it's better to make sure to tell everyone to get out there and place their votes on election day, thank goodness we are able to vote in someone new every four years!!!
                              Whoever you support, just get out there and VOTE!!!

http://www.rockthenativevote.com/

(Sophie's fav :36: )

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X