Can white people dance at powwows ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can white people dance at powwows ?

Hi , i wonder if someone who are not an en-rolled or not a part of a tribal group can dance at a powwow ?

Originally posted by MadTurkey View Post
    Hi , i wonder if someone who are not an en-rolled or not a part of a tribal group can dance at a powwow ?
    Sure happens all the time! During "Intertribals" of the dance it is announced and encouraged to do so.
    ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
    Till I Die!

Comment

yep.....as long as they have the manners to remain white i dont care
      "I on the trail of a possible good Indian lady and she is reported to like the old way's and she to believes in big family and being at home with kids all the time"... - MOTOOPI aka WOUNDED BEAR

Comment

Just don't forget what you are.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by Josiah View Post
          Sure happens all the time! During "Intertribals" of the dance it is announced and encouraged to do so.
          As long as it is announced to let traditional social dancing unless some Whites were not dancing two steps very well. No one is perfect any way. The most famous to dance for Whites is the friendship (round) dance and also to let some Natives to hand some of their regalia to the Whites to pretend to dance the traditional dances. They were all in fun time.

Mostly it is the social dancing. All is good.
          Gegiibishedjig (Deaf Person)

Comment

Originally posted by DeafElderWoman View Post
            As long as it is announced to let traditional social dancing unless some Whites were not dancing two steps very well. No one is perfect any way. The most famous to dance for Whites is the friendship (round) dance and also to let some Natives to hand some of their regalia to the Whites to pretend to dance the traditional dances. They were all in fun time.

Mostly it is the social dancing. All is good.
            there is a difference between white dancing with us and hobbyism

whites having a good time in intertribal is fine, so are blacks, asians, mexicans.......even aztlanistas haha

BUT hobbyism is disrespectful.......from boy scout kids to adult boy scout types like a certain crybaby on these very pages
            "I on the trail of a possible good Indian lady and she is reported to like the old way's and she to believes in big family and being at home with kids all the time"... - MOTOOPI aka WOUNDED BEAR

Comment

Originally posted by milehighsalute View Post
              there is a difference between white dancing with us and hobbyism

whites having a good time in intertribal is fine, so are blacks, asians, mexicans.......even aztlanistas haha

BUT hobbyism is disrespectful.......from boy scout kids to adult boy scout types like a certain crybaby on these very pages
              i see , do you mean the "order of the arrow" trash the boy scouts do ?

Comment

i see , do you mean the "order of the arrow" trash the boy scouts do ?
                exactly

Comment

Originally posted by milehighsalute View Post
                  exactly
                  They are what i would call wannabe's , if i wore regalia i would not do it like it was a cool costume or something like that , if i am ever going to wear regalia a bustle for example i would make it myself and know the birds i got the feathers from and spend a long time making it and wear it with pride and honor

Comment

Dude, white people can't dance at all. Ain't got no bass!

Just saying.

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by madturkey View Post
                      they are what i would call wannabe's , if i wore regalia i would not do it like it was a cool costume or something like that , if i am ever going to wear regalia a bustle for example i would make it myself and know the birds i got the feathers from and spend a long time making it and wear it with pride and honor

Comment

i did not mention i am going to dance in regalia right ?

Comment

They are what i would call wannabe's , if i wore regalia i would not do it like it was a cool costume or something like that , if i am ever going to wear regalia a bustle for example i would make it myself and know the birds i got the feathers from and spend a long time making it and wear it with pride and honor
                          If I was gonna make viking regalia, I would sleep with a goat and then put goat horns on my helmet and wear them with pride and honor.

Well, that's what you sound like.

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by Joe's Dad View Post
                            If I was gonna make viking regalia, I would sleep with a goat and then put goat horns on my helmet and wear them with pride and honor.

Well, that's what you sound like.
                            Here you go Joe'sDad !
                            Attached Files
                            I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
                            It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Originally posted by wardancer View Post
                              Here you go Joe'sDad !
                              This is not a goat. I want a billy goat. They got horns!

Like the shoes, though.

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.