Spirit Guides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spirit Guides

A Cheyenne Chief is one of my spirit guides. My understanding is that some nations do not feel that whites will have Native guides. I am white and as far as I know have no lineage to the native people of america. I do know that I have always felt like I had some connection, maybe a past life? When I was in the fourth grade I freaked out on my teacher when she was talking about Columbus and thanksgiving. I actually stood up and yelled at her asking why she wasn't telling us how the bad people came over here and made everyone sick, killed them and stole their land. This was rare for me because I was a very well behaved and quiet kid. My parents never talked to me about this, and there are no natives in my small ohio town. It's mostly white with a large german baptist community. I questioned myself about this guide, but I know in my heart of hearts he is. I tried to find out a little info on him after he revealed himself, which I did, but there's very little. I'm not crazy, I'm just a typical mom from the midwest. I would like to make clear that in no way am I trying to offend anyone. I would just like to know native thoughts without judgement. Thanks in advance

Originally posted by thompsarah08 View Post
    A Cheyenne Chief is one of my spirit guides. My understanding is that some nations do not feel that whites will have Native guides. I am white and as far as I know have no lineage to the native people of america. I do know that I have always felt like I had some connection, maybe a past life? When I was in the fourth grade I freaked out on my teacher when she was talking about Columbus and thanksgiving. I actually stood up and yelled at her asking why she wasn't telling us how the bad people came over here and made everyone sick, killed them and stole their land. This was rare for me because I was a very well behaved and quiet kid. My parents never talked to me about this, and there are no natives in my small ohio town. It's mostly white with a large german baptist community. I questioned myself about this guide, but I know in my heart of hearts he is. I tried to find out a little info on him after he revealed himself, which I did, but there's very little. I'm not crazy, I'm just a typical mom from the midwest. I would like to make clear that in no way am I trying to offend anyone. I would just like to know native thoughts without judgement. Thanks in advance

OooooKaaay......
    Welcome to powwows.com
    As a mod here I have to be as diplomatic as possible. First things first , this subject is quite inflammatory and will most likely bring out the very worst of conversations ! LOL Spirits and spirituality are not easily discussed on a public forum. With that warning , I'll bite ! You say he revealed himself , so you have a name. By all means send it to me in a private message , I'd be interested in seeing if he's a relative. I am Cheyenne and am related to many of our Chiefs.(past and present)
    As to your other statement asking not to be judged.....that's near impossible , but I'll withhold first impressions until I learn more ! Try not to anger too quickly as patience is a virtue , but keep in mind that ndns think different than most people and we have different way of dealing with uncomfortable subjects ! Our humor can be quite crass and our sarcasm is worse !LOL
    I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
    It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Welcome to powwows.com.

I too will bite. Please understand our spiritual ways have long and deep roots. They are woven into the ethos of our peoples. They are almost always liked to language and kin. It is nearly impossible to understand these ways, without understanding the language. As I was told when I asked about a certain matter, our spirits do not speak English.

Comment

my spirit guide is a Reece's peanut butter cup.

Comment

What the heck? You all don't talk about spirit guides???

I would like to know how the Cheyenne (was he Northern Cheyenne or Southern Cheyenne?) Chief communicated with the original poster.

My understanding is she's a white lady. And my understanding is he's a Cheyenne Cheif.

Is it illogical to think these two had no communication?

Maybe the OP can share with is how she was guided. Sounds intriguing.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by Joe's Dad View Post

I would like to know how the Cheyenne (was he Northern Cheyenne or Southern Cheyenne?) Chief communicated with the original poster.

My understanding is she's a white lady. And my understanding is he's a Cheyenne Cheif.

Depends how far back he's from.....we used to be all 1 tribe ! LOL
            I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
            It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

I'm starting to wonder if this was some kind of post and run. :)
              Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

Originally posted by wardancer View Post
                Depends how far back he's from.....we used to be all 1 tribe ! LOL
                Did your 1 tribe speak english? lol

I just wanted to inquire into what the OP was being led.

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by Joe's Dad View Post

Maybe they let their bodies talk and became as one you know how they are - acting all somehow - tryna be iresistable

Comment

just wear some of this and they will all come to you....no trips to Ohio will be needed....
                    Attached Files
                    When you are dead you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

"Show me somethin"

Comment

Originally posted by lbgood View Post
                      Maybe they let their bodies talk and became as one you know how they are - acting all somehow - tryna be iresistable
                      All spirchal n chit.

I was hoping the OP would come answer these questions.

I think sometimes, these people believe something until they are asked for an explanation.

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

oh man.......how did i miss this one? i have my hat brushed off and ready to wear
                        "I on the trail of a possible good Indian lady and she is reported to like the old way's and she to believes in big family and being at home with kids all the time"... - MOTOOPI aka WOUNDED BEAR

Comment

Comment

Oh lord. And I thought my first post was bad.

Comment

We get lots of these kinds of things. Which explains why some of us tend to bite first, then bark. :)
                              Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.