looking for answers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for answers

I'm trying to find more about my native American blood, but the things I know is that the tribe was out of Canada/maine and that my ancestor was the chiefs daughter who married a French trapper. ive tried ancestry.com but that's kinda confusing

Hi and welcome to the forum. Do you have any more information that would help narrow your possibilities down, i.e. the approximate timeframe/which generation your ancestor was from? I imagine quite a few tribes lived in the area you mentioned; so people will need more to go on for specific answers. Otherwise, the best way to start is trace your family generation by generation starting with you, then your parents, grandparents, etc. There is a Geneology Forum on here; you may want to post there as well.

Comment

Thank you Alli3, you took the words right out of my mouth. YOu will get more help and your post will get more attention if you post it in the Genealogy forum. There are many on here that can help and give you good advice.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Indigo Hemp Company
        Doing research on my ancestry...
        by Indigo Hemp Company
        I always wondered where my unique facial features came from and then I had a granddaughter born looking straight up Native American - No mistake about it. After my granddaughters birth and many questions, I was spiritually reunited with my mother's older sister (my mother passed when I was young)....
        10-09-2009, 08:30 PM
      • NWFirefighter360
        Need assistance in finding my way
        by NWFirefighter360
        I just recently found this website and think there are a lot of helpful people out there; and I am hoping a few of them can help me out. So here is who I am and my situation. My name is Brandon and I am a career firefighter. I am 25 years old and am a very active guy. I was born into a wonderful...
        07-26-2009, 05:38 AM
      • lime_soda
        hello!
        by lime_soda
        My name is Cassi, I'm 24. My grandfather passed away in 2003, my grandmother has alzheimer's, and my mother is now in declining health.

My father was never very fond of my mother's heritage (because he was a tool). I have a new baby now though, and now I really want to embrace my mother's...
        03-22-2013, 10:26 AM
      • cherokee-girl1967
        Cherokee needs help
        by cherokee-girl1967
        osiyo,

First let me start off by saying that I do not want any type of money, government assistance or anything else for being an Native American. What I am looking for is knowledge about my heritage. I have read everything online and in books, but to me learning about my heritage will...
        06-07-2008, 07:30 PM
      • Muttly
        trading posts
        by Muttly
        i was told that my greatgrandfather ran a trading post in the dakotas in the 1800s and that i have ancestors on both sides of Little Bighorn. are there any records, stories or other info available on the early trading posts?? any idea how many trading posts there were through the Dakotas and which tribes...
        05-02-2013, 01:21 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X