Using The Term Pow-Wow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using The Term Pow-Wow

I am a member of an Internet forum called indianmotorcycles.net and about 1/12 Native American from the Northeast USA. In March of 2017 we want to have a gathering of our motorcycle forum members in Chiefland, Florida. We want to call it The Pow-Wow in Chiefland 2017. We want to honor our Native American brethren and be sensitive to their feelings and traditions. What are the forum member's thoughts and feeling regarding this name? We want to include Native American craftsmen and artists if they wish to attend.

A powwow is just a social gathering......I don't see a problem. I'm sure though , that in this era of political correctness , there will be somebody that gets all butt hurt about it ! LOL
    I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
    It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

But then , probably no more than get butt hurt about you using that title for an internet handle , regardless of the right (or not) to use it !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Motorcycle-gathering? Call it Mowwow. Upps, sorry, I am out of my whatever atm...

Comment

HOOOLd up WAAAite a minute....

I only got but-hurt ONE TIME and that was cause they put out a powwow flyer and it turned out to be a car show.

I like car shows, and oldies, but i wanted to hear that drum.

When you are dead you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

"Show me somethin"

Comment

Originally posted by wardancer View Post
            but then , probably no more than get butt hurt about you using that title for an internet handle , regardless of the right (or not) to use it !
            aho!
            Attached Files
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AmigoKumeyaay View Post
              aho!
              BUH ! Where'd you find that ??? Gaaaahhhhh , that guy's everywhere !

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

prolly on a yamassee website, or better yet somewhere in missouri
                When you are dead you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

"Show me somethin"

Comment

Gaaaahhhhh , that guy's everywhere !
                  Yeah, including the mantle in my living room. I was given a framed print for Christmas one year.

Comment

aho!
                    That is one ugly NDN! He musta been at a powwow.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by Joe's Dad View Post
                      That is one ugly NDN! He musta been at a powwow.
                      Prolly a white hob in real life !!!

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

BUH ! Where'd you find that ??? Gaaaahhhhh , that guy's everywhere !
                        I have a cool sticker with YOU on it!

some vendor at AVI had them...2 years ago
                        sigpic

Comment

I have a cool sticker with YOU on it!

some vendor at AVI had them...2 years ago
                          Dammit ! Everyone has one but me ! NSB told me he saw one up where he's at ! Somebody get me one and I'll pay you for it ! LOL Heck , send me a pic of it ! LOL

sigpic

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

Dammit ! Everyone has one but me ! NSB told me he saw one up where he's at ! Somebody get me one and I'll pay you for it ! LOL Heck , send me a pic of it ! LOL
                            Let me dig around, it's in one of my storage box, I saw it a few months ago.

The vendor is from NM, I never see him in Cali...maybe he will be at GON?
                            sigpic

Comment

Let me dig around, it's in one of my storage box, I saw it a few months ago.

The vendor is from NM, I never see him in Cali...maybe he will be at GON?
                              Hey what a good idea!!
                              Get a thousand made and stick those bumper stickers all over GON!!!
                              Now that's FUNNY
                              ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                              Till I Die!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X