Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to appropriately use the reputation feature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to appropriately use the reputation feature?

Hi there... I know this isn't the sort of question expected in this section, but I wasn't sure where else to post it. I am wondering if there are specific rules concerning using the reputation feature. Is it okay to rep someone up or down just based on whether or not you like their post, or is there more to it than that? Thanks for your time, it is very much appreciated!

Beneath your "join date - etc." there is a little clipboard icon

Comment

Thank you very much Spiritflight, but I already know how to rep someone up or down, what I am wondering is if there are rules concerning it... Are we allowed to use it willy nilly or are there certain things we shouldn't do, such as repping someone down because we didn't like what they had to say, etc.

Comment

I don't know. I usually give positive rep. only or none. Maybe you could write a pm to one of the moderators and see what he/she has to say?

Comment

Up or down based on posts is the way most folks do it. Just be aware the recipient can see who gave them what. Also until you've been here a while, your reputation points show up as gray beads rather than green or red.

Honestly, the like button has most displaced the usage of the reputation. I don't think we've had a "you gave me red beads you big meanie" tussle in here in quite a while, LOL.

Oh, also post questions about how the forums or board works to Tech Help. I know the name is a bit confusing. This is moderated forum for questions about Native Culture and Powwows. It is intended to be a place to where potentially controversal questions can be asked more safely.
          Last edited by OLChemist; 05-02-2016, 09:55 AM.

Comment

I'm sorry OLChemist I did not know that. I probably could have figured it out though if I had tried harder. Thanks a bunch though! Sorry again.

Comment

Originally posted by OLChemist View Post

Honestly, the like button has most displaced the usage of the reputation. I don't think we've had a "you gave me red beads you big meanie" tussle in here in quite a while, LOL.
              Now you've done it. LOL! I see a red bead tussle in the future.
              Take nothing for granted. Life can change irrevocably in a heartbeat.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.

Comment

Remember when Kiwenzhe asked everybody to give him bad rep?

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.